John Deere Gator Forum - Header Left   John Deere Gator Forum - Header Right

Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator General Discussion > Gator General Discussion

Gator General Discussion If you need to talk about the John Deere Gator XUV/SXS/UTV and it does not fit into a more specific section down below, post it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #1

jgatlin is on a distinguished road
Exclamation 825i Problems

I have had my 825i gator with deluxe cab for five weeks and it has been back to the dealer at least 6 times for different issues. I am looking for some input as to what other issues 825i owners have experienced. So far I have had a problem with the shock on the drivers side door which keeps coming off. The gator comes out of gear when driving normal speeds on flat ground. My front passenger tire is completely bald while the drivers side front tire is in great condition. Gator has been back to dealer twice for only running on two cylinders. Also had the packing in the muffler completely come apart and had to be replaced. The transmission seal had to be replaced. The throttle assembly bolts came loose which caused accelerator pedal to stick. Drive belt snapped and shattered plastic housing and I am currently waiting to see if the crank shaft is also bent due to the force from the belt snapping. The farm I work with also purchased 2 new 825i and are experiencing the exact same issues that I am. I do not run my gator hard to any degree so I am just curious who else has been having issues. Thanks.
jgatlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #2

buckaroogator is on a distinguished road
825 problems

I just ordered a new 825 hope you dealer helps you out did u get the extended warrenty and is the dealer standing behind the gator or are you having to pay for all these repairs and what about the other gators on the ranch. i have heard of a few problems but none of this magnitude.
buckaroogator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:12 AM   #3

The dealership has been great, they offered to extend the original warranty until 2014 and then the extended warranty I purchased will go on top of that. The other 3 gators have not had the extensive issues as mine but unfortunate to say it's a rare occasion to have all three gators in our possession at the same time. Currently we have two out of the three at the dealership, one has a bent crank shaft due to belt snapping (just like mine) and the other has a problem with the engine running on all cylinders. I was just at the dealership yesterday (7-26-2012) and the shop had 5 825i's in being worked on one had a locked up front differential. The farm has had older diesel and gas gators which have never been in for service in there whole lifetime. Unfortunate to say we are seriously looking into the Polaris Ranger's abilities compared to the gators. Please keep me updated as to your experience with your new 825i gator, they are a great machine when they don't have any issues.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #4

I should also mention there is currently as of (7-27-2012) no replacement engines or engine parts for the 825i they are looking at the end of August before engine parts become available. The dealer is replacing the gator with the bent crank shaft with a brand new 825i because of the parts shortage and long lead time on new engines. The dealer is definitely standing behind there product, now it's time for Deere to up it's Gator R&D Budget.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:47 AM   #5

Regulator is on a distinguished road
Wow...I really hate to hear of all those problems with your Gator...there's been so much "good" stated over the past year, that it's hard to hear of this extreme of "bad"...I hope your Dealership and John Deere proper do the right thing by you...you simply have a lemon and they need to take it back, give you a new machine, and they need to tear your old one apart to see what, why, and how it ended up being THAT screwed up from the Factory...

Good luck with it...

Larry in MD
Regulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #6

GATORDONE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator View Post
Wow...I really hate to hear of all those problems with your Gator...there's been so much "good" stated over the past year, that it's hard to hear of this extreme of "bad"...I hope your Dealership and John Deere proper do the right thing by you...you simply have a lemon and they need to take it back, give you a new machine, and they need to tear your old one apart to see what, why, and how it ended up being THAT screwed up from the Factory...

Good luck with it...

Larry in MD
X2 on that
GATORDONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #7

Kiwi06 is on a distinguished road
I have to say that your experience is far different from mine. Very surprised that a snapped belt will give you a bent crankshaft. I will say that from what I've heard about the Polaris Rangers, I am happy I have the Gator.

Best of luck in getting things fixed! It does sound like you have a rare lemon. I'm surprised that you have so many issues in your area (5 in the shop) as my dealer has seldom had more than one at a time, and they do sell quite few of them.

- Steve in CO
Kiwi06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:27 AM   #8

Simgene is on a distinguished road
Drive Belt squeal

Do all 825i's have drive belt squeal when deaccelerating (coasting down a hill)?
Simgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #9

GATORDONE is on a distinguished road
Yes they all do it.
GATORDONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #10
Official Site Vendor

Johnny is on a distinguished road
Hope they get the bugs worked out ,,,
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator General Discussion > Gator General Discussion

Tags
825i problems, gator issues

Search tags for this page
2014 john deere gator
2014 john deere gator 825i
825i gator problems
825i john deere gator problems
gator 825i problems
john deere 825i gator transmission problems

john deere 825i problems

john deere gator 2014

john deere gator 825i problems

john deere gator problems
john deere gator transmission problems
problems with john deere gators
Click on a term to search for related topics.