John Deere Gator Forums banner

RSX850i custom door inserts

16K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  GatorRick860i 
#1 ·
I'm new to the forum and wanted to share my custom door inserts.... Land vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle door Vehicle Car

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome and excellent first post.

nice touch with the camo.

#4 ·
That looks awesome! What material did you use and where did you get it?

#5 ·
Welcome to the forum and that looks awesome i might do the same thing but use Deere green to match my green and yellow RSX

#6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the compliments! I bought camo wrap from Realtree.com, adhered it to lexan (from Lowe's) on one side and spray painted the other side, affixed the panels by drilling 1/4 inch holes in the doors and used plastic rivets (from Autozone). I lightly sanded the lexan to help the camo and paint stick better. I never really cared for the gaping holes in the RSX's doors, now I love the solid door look and I feel that I've enhanced the overall appearance by tying in the factory camo scheme!

#14 ·
Hey Jacobcrsx850- Thanks for the compliment, but I'm right in the middle of deer season, plus it's getting cold up here in the north and I work out of my unheated garage! If you haven't done anything for yourself by this coming Spring, re-contact me and we can talk about making you a set. Tojocope.

#11 ·
looks good tojo. like the camo.. I am making mine today, thinking mite do upper opening also. will be using .125 abs black plastic seeing how both sides of it have same texture as doors them self. going to use #10 stainless button head bolts( powder coated black) and drill and thread the plastic vs rivets. I have also formed some .125 aluminum plate, powder coated black to fill in the gap between floor and bottom of door panel. If any one wants pics of fab process or specs let me know. cheers everyone

#13 ·
Maybe Deere should to get all us members input on the design of the new rsx and truly make it the best sxs out there. if you use it for work, hunting, fishing or just plain having fun, the rsx has potential to own that market. just turned 1200km last night and could not be happier with my decision to go green.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.