John Deere Gator Forum - Header Left   John Deere Gator Forum - Header Right

Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator Technical Discussion > Gator Suspension Modifications

Gator Suspension Modifications If you are modifying the suspension components on your John Deere Gator, this is the place to discuss it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #1

lesjones83 is on a distinguished road
rsx 850i lift kit

has anyone found a lift kit for the new gator i am planning 30" zillas but i think a 2" or 3" lift will allow for that extra bit of clearance to not hang up on ruts when comming out a a hole
lesjones83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Batman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Batman Send a message via Yahoo to Batman
There is not a lift kit out yet. I have offered my RSX to several of the aftermarket companies to use for R&D. I am running 29.5 Outlaw 2s with no problems what so ever so far. I know one person in Florida running 30" Silverbacks and one person here running 30" Interco tires.

2012 Polaris RZR XP 900 - UTV, Inc. Front Windshield, Trailing Arm Guards and A Arm Guards, Go Pro Mounts, Doors, Nuke Cage, and Custom Grill, Rubber Down Customs 2.5" Adjustable Lift

Check out my build thread...............http://www.gatorforums.net/forum/gat...8-bat-rsx.html
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #3

i contacted high lifter and they said sometimw next year they should be coming out with a lift idk how big but my guess if they do it will only be 2"
my local JD service manger said to adjust the preload on all 4 shocks about an inch and that would keep my tires from rubbing at akward angles

Last edited by lesjones83; 03-03-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #4
Super Moderator

I did not offer mine to HL, but I bet you are right. I offered mine to S3. I believe it would be easy to do a a arm replacement raked lift, because how the rear is. Then they would have to get aftermarket axles thou.

2012 Polaris RZR XP 900 - UTV, Inc. Front Windshield, Trailing Arm Guards and A Arm Guards, Go Pro Mounts, Doors, Nuke Cage, and Custom Grill, Rubber Down Customs 2.5" Adjustable Lift

Check out my build thread...............http://www.gatorforums.net/forum/gat...8-bat-rsx.html
Old 03-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #5

TreeShaker0507 is on a distinguished road
The guys at magnum offroad were kind enough to warn me that putting a bracket lift on these or adjusting the preload too high could possible put the upper balljoints in a bind and break the upper control arms on the rear. Just FYI
TreeShaker0507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Thanks for the advice TreeShaker, dang that sucks!!!!!!!

I think a 4"-8" a arm lift would look awesome on this thing. I have been trying to get the boys at S3 to take my RSX and build one. If you look at the rear a arms, they mount at an angle and then turn to make them somewhat straight to the side.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #7

i figured that the bracket lift would not work after looking at the rear end there is a custom atv shop locally and he looked at my rsx and told me a 4" would be 3500 with out axels so i will be waitng on some one to come out with one he was a bit too high
Old 03-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #8
Super Moderator

Dang that is high. I agree about the waiting!!!!!

Old 03-27-2013, 08:57 PM   #9

TreeShaker0507 is on a distinguished road
I talked to Gorilla at Mud Nats and they laughed at me when I asked about the Gator. It is not making me feel very confident about the future of aftermarket support.
TreeShaker0507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:46 AM   #10
Super Moderator

It will just take some time. Gorilla is more into Can Am, cause they sponser them. Its coming, slowly but surely. I would bet that SuperATV or Highlifter will come out with something.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator Technical Discussion > Gator Suspension Modifications

Search tags for this page

gator 850i lift kit

gator lift kit
gator rsx lift kit

john deere gator lift kit

john deere gator lift kits

john deere gator suspension lift kit

john deere rsx 850i lift kit

john deere rsx lift kit
lift kit for john deere gator
lift kit for john deere rsx 850i

rsx 850i lift kit

rsx850i lift kit

Click on a term to search for related topics.