John Deere Gator Forum - Header Left   John Deere Gator Forum - Header Right

Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator Technical Discussion > Gator Wheel and Tire Discussion

Gator Wheel and Tire Discussion For discussion of all things related to John Deere Gator wheels and tires.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #1

sidebite is on a distinguished road
XUV 550 Tire Pressure

Hello,

Has anyone lowered their tire pressures to get a softer smoother ride?

I have the stock Bighorn tires on the alloy rims and have been running the recommended 14 PSI.

Has any one lowered their pressures for traction or ride? I don't carry any loads, other than the occasional grass clippings, so I am looking for a "Buick" kind of ride. I have also turned the shock preload to the softest settings.

Thanks for your comments
sidebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Batman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Batman Send a message via Yahoo to Batman
I have a rzr 900 and I dropped them to 9 PSI and the heaviest thing I carry other than myself is a stocked cooler. I think you would be fine, that is just a recommended pressure.

2012 Polaris RZR XP 900 - UTV, Inc. Front Windshield, Trailing Arm Guards and A Arm Guards, Go Pro Mounts, Doors, Nuke Cage, and Custom Grill, Rubber Down Customs 2.5" Adjustable Lift

Check out my build thread...............http://www.gatorforums.net/forum/gat...8-bat-rsx.html
Batman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #3

mechfreda is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to mechfreda
Hi All 550 owners:
I have a 6 month old 550 with black steel wheels Ancia m-T extreme tires.These are the stock tires on the olive and black 550.I use it for hunting on rough dirt roads and these tires deflated several times due to bead breaking loose on rough dips once on both front tires that had 14 lbs of air. i had a can of puncture seal in a can and that got me back to camp 4 miles away.No leaks only flat from bead breaking.I will call the dealer on this.Has anyone else had this or did most buy upgraded tires and wheels?These tires and wheels work good and are smooth but bead breaking has to be solved.mechfreda.

Last edited by mechfreda; 09-03-2013 at 10:59 AM.
mechfreda is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator Technical Discussion > Gator Wheel and Tire Discussion

Search tags for this page
breaking the bead on john deere bighorn tires
checking tire pressure john deere gator
gator 550 tires
gator flat tire
jd gator air pressure
john deere 550 tire size

john deere gator tire pressure

john deere gator tyre pressures

tire pressure for john deere gator

tyre pressure on a s 550 jd
utv tires and rims for john deere 550
xuv 550 tire pressure
Click on a term to search for related topics.