Gator XUV 550 won't start again.... - John Deere Gator Forums
Gator General Discussion If you need to talk about the John Deere Gator XUV/SXS/UTV and it does not fit into a more specific section down below, post it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2018, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Gator XUV 550 won't start again....

I got my Gator last year with about 195 hours and light use, and it wouldn't start when I received it. I ended up troubleshooting to the fuel solenoid, replaced it and all was well. I've since run into another starting issue and can't track it down. I took out the solenoid again just in case it went bad in slightly over a year, but it wasn't stuck open as it was last time, it's moving freely.

Any other things to check? Is the carb flap supposed to be open or closed? Mine seems to be open, not sure if that's normal.

I'm going to replace the fuel filter again and see if that helps but I just don't think that's the main issue.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

--wes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2018, 09:13 PM

check voltage at the solenoid . also check to make sure your making good ground, through the connection .
Old 07-12-2018, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd772 View Post
check voltage at the solenoid . also check to make sure your making good ground, through the connection .
There is a DTAC on this 97409. you can order a Carburetor plug to replace solenoid,part # LG807723.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2018, 05:36 PM

You've only said "starting issue". Does the starter work and the engine turns over but doesn't start? Is nothing happening when you turn the key? Do you only hear a "click" when you turn the key? Is the engine sputtering or trying to run when you try to start it?
Old 07-14-2018, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

The engine turns over but just won't start. There is no sputtering or trying to run, it seems as if it's not getting fuel. I previously replaced the solenoid as the old one was stuck closed. I pulled the solenoid again and it seems to be alright, moving freely.

--wes
Old 07-15-2018, 03:58 PM

are you see anything through fuel pump to carburetor ,check to see if your getting spark , might be a ignition issues.
Old 07-15-2018, 04:10 PM

Will it run a second or sputter if you pour a tablespoon of fuel down the throat of the carburetor?
Old 07-15-2018, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

I'll try that tomorrow. What state should the flap on the carb be in, closed or open? Mine seems to be stuck open.
Old 07-17-2018, 05:45 AM

I think you are looking at the choke plate on top of the carburetor which is normally in the open position.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator General Discussion > Gator General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the John Deere Gator Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in