Just received new XUV 835 M Cab HVAC - John Deere Gator Forums
Gator General Discussion If you need to talk about the John Deere Gator XUV/SXS/UTV and it does not fit into a more specific section down below, post it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 59 Old 09-08-2018, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Just received new XUV 835 M Cab HVAC

Hello,
I am Joe. i am new to the forum. I purchased a Kubota RTV X1100 C two months ago. Due to a major dealer malfunction, Kubota took unit back and issud full refund and apology. I have most always been a John Deere guy, but like the heavy dutiness of the Kubota.
Anyway, just received the replacement unit, XUV 835 M Cab HVAC. Added headliner, work lights, rear view mirror, snow plow with warn winch Brush gaurd, bed lift, fancy aluminum wheels, bed spray on liner. Financed with John Deere credit at .9 % for 60 months. Total with sales tax etc $ 28,850.00

I enjoy forums, so I will keep you posted with reviews and pictures. We went for first drive in the rain last night on my trails and on the county roads. So far.... snow plow very easy to take off and put on. Love the higher speed. Much quieter. Larger seat by far. Dealer forgot to remove shipping oil from brake rotors. That caught my attention real quick. Large fuel tank. AC rocks. Inside storage is great. Did not like that there is little or no descend the hill engine braking. Needs additional mud flap protection, light mud on trails covered the sides including doors and handle, wife was unimpressed with that. Seat belts have to be buckled to exceed 10 mph. Headlights are pitiful, but optional roof mount led lights rock. Maxxis Big Horn tires are great on trail and on road.
Will probably be hitting the 8 hour first oil change today or tomorrow.
I will post more as I learn more about the machine. In comparing it to the Kubota.... Kubota is heavy duty work truck, Gator is sport machine with work ethic, Kubota cab cannot be beat. Best in the industry. Kubota is very loud, heavy and slow. Gator handles great on the road at 40 mph all day. Local John Deere service is a huge factor...friends and neighbors.
I will be happy to answer questions. Be patient. I am busy enjoying reirement. KokomoJoe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 Old 09-08-2018, 12:39 PM

Does the M not come with LED headlights? I thought the headlights on my R are pretty nice!
Thatís a good point about the brakes! I wonder if thatís why mine seemed to take excessive pedal pressure when I first got it.
You should really like it! iíve Heard the air works allot better than the kubotas. I can get it down to the 60ís inside my cab when it is 95 deg and humid outside!

Gator 865r Fully Pimped Out
post #3 of 59 Old 09-08-2018, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Cattleboy...I almost bought the R, but we get pretty dirty sometimes and I just couldnít see the cloth seats staying clean even with a seat cover, for my use. Nope..M comes with miserable headlight, so I found out. R gets you the WONDERFUL led lamps. But the add on lights took good care of that. By the way, I love the tip out windshield too. That is huge as far as ventilation goes. My onlyĒwantĒat this point is for better mud flap protection, and engine braking on a decline. Best of luck...I hope we compare notes frequently on here.
KokomoJoe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 59 Old 09-08-2018, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

By the way, Cattleboy, the delivery driver found out they forgot to remove shipping oil on brake rotors when he almost crashed into my house. Dealer says 10 stops or so should burn it off. I have been “dragging” the brakes on every stop yesterday and today and there is a big improvement. You will smell the packing oil burning off. Joe

Last edited by KokomoJoe; 09-08-2018 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Spelling correct
post #5 of 59 Old 09-08-2018, 05:45 PM

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you got a nice machine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B73813A9-6C90-46E5-B4B6-818D2835F0F4_1536446742132.jpeg
Views:	193
Size:	4.12 MB
ID:	10507  

2016 RSX860i
post #6 of 59 Old 09-08-2018, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KokomoJoe View Post
Did not like that there is little or no descend the hill engine braking.
If you stay on the gas a little, you will have descent control. It takes a little practice, but in high range you have good control down to 4mph, and in low range, you have control down to 2mph. Thatís slow enough for anything I need to do.
The diesel doesnít have the speed limiter for the seat belts, but it does beep, so I jumpered out the plug on the wiring harness.

Gator 865r Fully Pimped Out
post #7 of 59 Old 09-09-2018, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

I tried going down a very steep hill today while staying on the gas a little...worked well. Thank you for that advice. Going to look at jumper for the seat belt limiter tomorrow. I can see now that the R has some things I would like to have. Horn, turn signals, dome light, better headlights,. Small things that can be added over time. Overall, I am very happy and impressed with machine
post #8 of 59 Old 09-19-2018, 12:37 PM

Subscribed. Iím going to test drive a new 835M today. Specs and reviews seem to be pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #9 of 59 Old 09-19-2018, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Ortimber....
After a couple of weeks, hours total, I truly like my 835M. No issueís at all. I do have a couple of wants, though.

Better headlights...they suck. I added led roof top lights. Problem solved.
I have needed a horn several times now... horn on order.
I added headliner, covers up the brackets and wiring, and I added a mirror, which I need because of my time on the road.

It is a very wide machine. Got to widen some of my trails.
Bought a seat cover so Bessie the Basset can be on board.

I have had side by side units for 20 years..Kawasaki, Kubota, now JD.
JD is by far the best. Very nice suspension, plenty of power, good top speed, excellent visibility, great dealer.
Best of luck. Let me know if you end up with one...Joe
post #10 of 59 Old 09-20-2018, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Ortimber....

After a couple of weeks, hours total, I truly like my 835M. No issueís at all. I do have a couple of wants, though.

Better headlights...they suck. I added led roof top lights. Problem solved.

I have needed a horn several times now... horn on order.

I added headliner, covers up the brackets and wiring, and I added a mirror, which I need because of my time on the road.

It is a very wide machine. Got to widen some of my trails.

Bought a seat cover so Bessie the Basset can be on board.

I have had side by side units for 20 years..Kawasaki, Kubota, now JD.

JD is by far the best. Very nice suspension, plenty of power, good top speed, excellent visibility, great dealer.

Best of luck. Let me know if you end up with one...Joe

Thanks for the tips.

I bought an 835M yesterday, might get it today. I was really impressed with this model. They are bigger than I expected, and the amount of room in the cab is great. Iím looking forward to putting it to the test. Pics and feedback coming soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #11 of 59 Old 09-21-2018, 02:55 PM

Joe. Welcome aboard! I grew up in Howard county (near the Izaak Walton League) and look forward to hearing about your adventures. I currently live near Charlotte NC and have a 825i.
post #12 of 59 Old 09-28-2018, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Bob, I sent you a pm. Just want to make sure you received it
post #13 of 59 Old 09-30-2018, 08:01 AM

I just purchased 835R a few weeks ago so far it has been fantastic there's about 18 hours on it it's already

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
post #14 of 59 Old 10-01-2018, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

I like the options on the 835R. I added some to my M. I really like the unit. I performed the 8 hour service which was a little difficult because of the ovrsize filter the factory installs. I use my unit on the trails a lot so I am finding that I need to make much of the trails wider....arrrrrrg. I guess I needd something to do this winter.
post #15 of 59 Old 10-01-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
I like the options on the 835R. I added some to my M. I really like the unit. I performed the 8 hour service which was a little difficult because of the ovrsize filter the factory installs. I use my unit on the trails a lot so I am finding that I need to make much of the trails wider....arrrrrrg. I guess I needd something to do this winter.
I will be making more trails. My 17 and a half acres has gotten smaller now that I have this new toy.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator General Discussion > Gator General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the John Deere Gator Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode