DIY camo dip kits - John Deere Gator Forums
Gator General Discussion If you need to talk about the John Deere Gator XUV/SXS/UTV and it does not fit into a more specific section down below, post it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-26-2018, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

DIY camo dip kits

Was looking at adding a camo finish to some of the accessory parts on my Gator. Has anyone tried these at-home camo dipping kits? Camo Dip Kit - Do It Yourself Water Transfer Camo Dip Kit

Seems easy enough, but was wondering if there are any tips or tricks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-26-2018, 04:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by biogg View Post
Was looking at adding a camo finish to some of the accessory parts on my Gator. Has anyone tried these at-home camo dipping kits? Camo Dip Kit - Do It Yourself Water Transfer Camo Dip Kit

Seems easy enough, but was wondering if there are any tips or tricks?

Did you take off the Camo4you vinyl you installed in 2012?

Camo Wraps for Gator
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...9&share_type=t

2012 Gator 825i (new engine at 1700 hours) Power Steering-Sport Exhaust- Deluxe Cab-Heater- Work Lights On Top Front And Rear- Hella HID Driving Lights-Warn ProVantage 4500 synthetic winch-Electric Dump- Gillmore Seat Covers
post #3 of 4 Old 10-26-2018, 09:34 PM

Honestly these things always are always harder than that look and I always fumble with stuff like these "just follow the instructions on the can" kind of things.

But if you're creative have some patience and are willing to try go for it

@Bradhill i think he just wants more camo

Last edited by טים ירושלמי; 10-26-2018 at 09:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-27-2018, 08:04 AM

Dipping small, simply shaped parts is pretty easy. As the parts get more complex in shape and larger it's more tricky to lower the part properly into the water to get the image to transfer well to everywhere. When doing a difficult piece I dip the most visible part first to insure it gets the best image. Having a big dip tank also helps as you corral the image with a stick or string and have the other part of the tank clear to have an easy area to lift out the part. Or have a helper to swipe the water's surface free of the image before lifting the part out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator General Discussion > Gator General Discussion

Tags
camo, dip, hydrographics, mydipkit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the John Deere Gator Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode