John Deere Gator Forums banner

jd 620i safe mode no code

6K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  jd772 
#1 ·
after my 620i runs for a while it goes into safe mode but no codes appear can anyone offer any help
thanks
ajo

#5 ·
Jd 620i safe mode on codes

turn the key on , it should flash a code . Watch a short or long flash for code. At end of code it be off for like 5 seconds then may flash the next code. Each time you turn the key to off the ecu will clear code.
when i say safe mode many people call it limp mode the ecu shuts the rear cylinder off when it receives a code my machine rear cylinder is shuting down but i am not geting any codes. I disconected the temp sensor to see if i get a code and i did

thanks again for your help

ajo

#6 ·
ok turn the key to just on position The light will cycle on and off, do a count of seconds, that will determine what may be putting in limp mode. When you do that it goes through the ecu and checks all the sensors. Is the temp ok and fan cycling on off. if a coil is getting bad the ecu will pickup a non spark also setting code.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.