Grill between cab and bed - John Deere Gator Forums
Gator General Discussion If you need to talk about the John Deere Gator XUV/SXS/UTV and it does not fit into a more specific section down below, post it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-19-2019, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Grill between cab and bed

Gator 850d... I would like to have a grill or whatever you call it between my cab and the bed. Purpose is so I can hang some tools. The stouter it is, the better but if I can't find stout, I could just hang the lightweight stuff. This is for maintaining a trail in my woods. I carry chainsaws, fuel, oil, hatchet, machetes, scythe, shovel, measuring tape, etc., that kind of stuff.

If there is any alternative, I'm open to whatever. Like a toolbox, but I don't know where you'd put it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-19-2019, 11:30 AM

Garage
Grill between cab and bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by livemusic View Post
Gator 850d... I would like to have a grill or whatever you call it between my cab and the bed. Purpose is so I can hang some tools. The stouter it is, the better but if I can't find stout, I could just hang the lightweight stuff. This is for maintaining a trail in my woods. I carry chainsaws, fuel, oil, hatchet, machetes, scythe, shovel, measuring tape, etc., that kind of stuff.

If there is any alternative, I'm open to whatever. Like a toolbox, but I don't know where you'd put it.

Hello @livemusic

I believe you are looking for a “ rear windscreen”

I’m a big fan of buying OEM components because of the build quality and they fit your equipment.

If you have the OPS cab I believe you are looking part number BM22827. Through your local dealership the price is $287.83 without shipping or sales tax.

If you purchase through Green Farm Parts use discount code GTT the price is $267.68 with free shipping and no sales tax.

Please report back on your decision and post photos when you install the windscreen.

Good luck!!

For carrying a Chainsaw check out Sawhaul products. They are said to be very good.

https://www.sawhaul.com

Note: Green Farm Parts is a sponsor of Green Tractor Talk (GTT) forum.

On edit: a couple additional storage solutions.

The rear OPS storage bag work great for carrying hand tools gloves tape measure etc.

2012 Gator 825i (new engine at 1700 hours) Power Steering-Sport Exhaust- Deluxe Cab-Heater- Work Lights On Top Front And Rear- Hella HID Driving Lights-Warn ProVantage 4500 synthetic winch-Electric Dump- Gillmore Seat Covers

Last edited by Bradhill; 06-19-2019 at 05:36 PM.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-19-2019, 08:50 PM

I use my 625 Gator to service a 330 acre tree farm and carry a bunch of gear. The pole saw and brushcutter ride on Koplin dual equipment holders that are fastened to the top rail of the cargo bed. I purchased the JD front cargo rack and attached a Koplin chain saw scabbard to one side of the rack. I located a military surplus wood ammo (75 MM recoiless rifle rounds) that fits precisely inside the lips of the front cargo rack. The crate is held down with a bunge cord run underneath the bars of the rack...painted it green and its does yoeman service to keep the small hand tools in one place.

My previous machine was a Kawasaki Mule on which I installed a metal tool trough that attached to the side posts of the roll cage...can't tell you how many times I banged my head on that thing and swore I would never repeat having equipment rattle around behind my head...hope this helps

625I: black & olive, roof, full windshield,front cargo rack, floor mats, Koplin tool grips, front cv guards, mid-range front lights, cargo bed protectors,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-20-2019, 05:00 AM

Slightly off topic but I made a rear windscreen out of 1/4" Lexan. It's not good for carrying heavy tools but it does a great job preventing chaff and dust from blowing in from the rear when driving.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator General Discussion > Gator General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the John Deere Gator Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in