XUV865 wiring harness - John Deere Gator Forums
Gator General Discussion If you need to talk about the John Deere Gator XUV/SXS/UTV and it does not fit into a more specific section down below, post it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 06-21-2019, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
XUV865 wiring harness

Recently took delivery of an XUV 865 which I had specifically ordered to include wiring harnesses for anticipated LED light installation. Didn't want to go for the big ticket front and rear LED lights at nearly $400 each. I expected the harness to include switches, etc. Didn't adequately inquire as to what was and was not included with these options. To my surprise there was no wiring diagram or any indication as to the connectors on the harnesses. I inquired with JD support and was told I would need to buy a technical manual for over $200 to get this information. No diagram with the harness??????? Anyone have experience with these harnesses? Where to attach light switch? Which of the several connectors are for the LED lights? I have attached several photos of the available connectors if anyone can identify them for me.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0668.JPEG
Views:	18
Size:	971.7 KB
ID:	11493   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0659.JPEG
Views:	17
Size:	668.2 KB
ID:	11495   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0661.JPEG
Views:	14
Size:	668.7 KB
ID:	11497   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0660.JPEG
Views:	16
Size:	650.9 KB
ID:	11499   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0662.JPEG
Views:	14
Size:	668.2 KB
ID:	11501  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-21-2019, 03:03 PM

Garage
XUV865 wiring harness

I’m not certain the Technical Manual would be of any assistance.

If Im not mistaken JD uses Duetsch Connectors. These are really nice connectors although there are specific tools for making up new connections. I believe there maybe uTube videos available on how to make connections.

I wish I could be of more assistance or if I helped in any way?

See link below:

https://deutschconnectorstore.com

2012 Gator 825i (new engine at 1700 hours) Power Steering-Sport Exhaust- Deluxe Cab-Heater- Work Lights On Top Front And Rear- Hella HID Driving Lights-Warn ProVantage 4500 synthetic winch-Electric Dump- Gillmore Seat Covers
post #3 of 10 Old 06-21-2019, 03:36 PM

picture 668 looks to be one of the 2 brush guard light attachments. Why it's bundled up there I have no idea, it should be run down below radiator(unless, of course, you aren't going to install those or the horn, then I suppose it could stay bundled on top there. I think 662 is the AMS Integration kit plug in (for the starfire receiver). 659 might be connector for stereo speaker kit (roof). Think 660 is for the dome light ? So you ordered the front attachment harness, the roof harness, the rear roof harness. Did you also order the front roof harness? 661 appears to be one of the 2 rear work light connectors. You'll notice an identical one for the other connector, they both have a black and another color (orange or blue? I forget) The Front work lights (roof) have a black and Another color, different than the rear work lights. Inisde the dash, you will find the rear connector housings for the switches, they will all have little stickers with symbols indicating use. You will find 2 right next to each other for the roof lights (should be near glove box), one that matches the color you found for the rear roof, one that matches for the front roof. They should have included the install manuals for the kits installed when you got machine, but I can suppose I can scan/upload a few of the pertinent pages in a few of those manuals, if they won't provide them to you. For what it's worth, you might want to consider the rear glass, considering you already have the headliner. Also, the dome light does make a nice addition.

For the Front / Rear work lights and the brush guard lights, you will want to buy Deustche DTM04-2P connectors, and put those on the lights that you end up purchasing. If you search ebay for item 282979160003 , that is the listing I purchased 6 from. You can make an offer for a little less per item and probably get it accepted.

I got the 3 switches for the lights (front/rear roof, brush guard) from Ottraw.net, went with the Contura V series . chose lower independent lights (top always liy, bottom comes on when switch in on position) with white on top and amber on lower. Unfortunately, their Amber color just doesn't come anywhere near as close as I was hoping for to match the gator color (Orange) So, keep that in mind. IF you do get those type of switches, you might want to spend the extra $1 for the Housings ( https://www.otrattw.net/Contura-V-Se...ries-Housings/ ), as the JD housing are different style, and get a 5 or 10 pack of https://www.otrattw.net/Packard-630-...-12015869.html too ( you will have to jumper the top ground in the housing over to the slot next to it). When installing switches in the dash, will most likely have to trim the top corners of the holes in the dash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 06-22-2019, 06:36 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for the info. I have purchased a horn and 2 front and rear lights for my install plan to date. I have the Deutsch connectors and install tool. Also got a fused relay harness but probably didn't really need that, did I?
post #5 of 10 Old 06-22-2019, 08:40 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by loktite View Post
picture 668 looks to be one of the 2 brush guard light attachments. Why it's bundled up there I have no idea, it should be run down below radiator(unless, of course, you aren't going to install those or the horn, then I suppose it could stay bundled on top there. I think 662 is the AMS Integration kit plug in (for the starfire receiver). 659 might be connector for stereo speaker kit (roof). Think 660 is for the dome light ? So you ordered the front attachment harness, the roof harness, the rear roof harness. Did you also order the front roof harness? 661 appears to be one of the 2 rear work light connectors. You'll notice an identical one for the other connector, they both have a black and another color (orange or blue? I forget) The Front work lights (roof) have a black and Another color, different than the rear work lights. Inisde the dash, you will find the rear connector housings for the switches, they will all have little stickers with symbols indicating use. You will find 2 right next to each other for the roof lights (should be near glove box), one that matches the color you found for the rear roof, one that matches for the front roof. They should have included the install manuals for the kits installed when you got machine, but I can suppose I can scan/upload a few of the pertinent pages in a few of those manuals, if they won't provide them to you. For what it's worth, you might want to consider the rear glass, considering you already have the headliner. Also, the dome light does make a nice addition.

For the Front / Rear work lights and the brush guard lights, you will want to buy Deustche DTM04-2P connectors, and put those on the lights that you end up purchasing. If you search ebay for item 282979160003 , that is the listing I purchased 6 from. You can make an offer for a little less per item and probably get it accepted.

I got the 3 switches for the lights (front/rear roof, brush guard) from Ottraw.net, went with the Contura V series . chose lower independent lights (top always liy, bottom comes on when switch in on position) with white on top and amber on lower. Unfortunately, their Amber color just doesn't come anywhere near as close as I was hoping for to match the gator color (Orange) So, keep that in mind. IF you do get those type of switches, you might want to spend the extra $1 for the Housings ( https://www.otrattw.net/Contura-V-Se...ries-Housings/ ), as the JD housing are different style, and get a 5 or 10 pack of https://www.otrattw.net/Packard-630-...-12015869.html too ( you will have to jumper the top ground in the housing over to the slot next to it). When installing switches in the dash, will most likely have to trim the top corners of the holes in the dash.

Wow great information @loktite !!

2012 Gator 825i (new engine at 1700 hours) Power Steering-Sport Exhaust- Deluxe Cab-Heater- Work Lights On Top Front And Rear- Hella HID Driving Lights-Warn ProVantage 4500 synthetic winch-Electric Dump- Gillmore Seat Covers
post #6 of 10 Old 06-22-2019, 08:50 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbender View Post
......Also got a fused relay harness but probably didn't really need that, did I?

Could this be a winch harness?

Part number AM147663

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/...pgId/277130849

post #7 of 10 Old 06-22-2019, 08:53 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbender View Post
Thanks for the info. I have purchased a horn and 2 front and rear lights for my install plan to date. I have the Deutsch connectors and install tool. Also got a fused relay harness but probably didn't really need that, did I?

Please keep us updated with your progress on the install. Photos and part information are always appreciated!!

Good luck

post #8 of 10 Old 06-25-2019, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I have completed my current installs:
1. Front roof mounted lights. Could only do single row LED in front due to windshield opening and binding with double row.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2. Rear roof mounted lights.
2. Front brushguard 20 inch LED bar
3. Stebel horn, VERY loud.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stebel-1169...72.m2749.l2649
4. All green dash switches including a 2-USB voltmeter as pictured
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rocker-Push...72.m2749.l2649
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3pc-3Pins-F...72.m2749.l2649
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Waterpr...72.m2749.l2649

I had the following harnesses installed at purchase by dealer to aid in wiring:
1. BM26265 front attachment harness
2. BM26268 front attachment harness dash port
3. BM26740 front cab attachment harness
4. BM26739 rear cab attachment harness

It was a mistake to get BM26268 front attachment harness dash port, 3 holes in dash and useless for me. Dealer was not very helpful and I essentially took his word, mistake. I tried but could not get the Deutsch connectors to work so I ended up cutting them off and did butt splices with corrugated tubing to protect and plenty of tape.

Have the 6' Boss straight poly snowplow ready for winter.

Not sure why some pictures were rotated, right side up when I uploaded. Hmmmmm, what is next?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0771.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	2.58 MB
ID:	11513   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0770.JPG
Size:	2.65 MB
ID:	11515   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0773.JPG
Size:	2.89 MB
ID:	11517   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0772.JPG
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	11519  
post #9 of 10 Old 06-25-2019, 02:56 PM

Garage
Wow great write up !! Do you have any idea why the Deutsch connectors would not work?
I have the same horn... you’re correct it is very loud!

post #10 of 10 Old 06-25-2019, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
The wires are very thin and I think the male and female pins just didn't engage correctly. Expensive failed effort, connectors are not cheap and require a special crimping tool. Hurt to cut dollars off the wire.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator General Discussion > Gator General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the John Deere Gator Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode