620i tires - John Deere Gator Forums
Gator General Discussion If you need to talk about the John Deere Gator XUV/SXS/UTV and it does not fit into a more specific section down below, post it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 07-11-2019, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

620i tires

Anyone with some wise words about tires? The front tires on my 620i are getting worn down. The rear tires are still in ok shape. I have done a bit of research and learned the 25x10-12s and 25x11-12s are not too common, tho I have found some. It is probably best to go with a DOT rated tire as I have to travel on a public road to get anywhere. What problems am I likely to find if I go with a slightly different size? Some reviewers complain of rough riding due to out-of-round tires. With a top speed of 30 to 35 mph I would not expect that to be a serious problem, but... Are tubes generally required? I go on some fairly rough, rocky roads, so what ply rating is advisable?

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-12-2019, 01:31 AM

Garage
First, check your front end alignment. Our local Les Schwab didn't have any problem doing my 855D and 865. If your fronts are scalloping, you're out of alignment. The 10s are common and the 11s are not. A quick Google says there's stuff out there that is DOT rated. Another option is shifting to 15" 7" wide rims and going with any number of traction knobbies. If you have 4.5x5 lugs, you'd be good to go on that option. Tires are much cheaper and have lots of plies and are radials. Also you can put 32-35psi in them and they work great. I do have a post on street tires, so read up on that, especially if you consider aluminum rims.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator General Discussion > Gator General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the John Deere Gator Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode