Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Mount Croghan, SC
Gator XUV 620i - intermittent loss of power, rough idle
I would like to share how I fixed an annoying intermittent loss of power while driving 5-10 minutes, as well as rough idle, and poor performance.
- added sea foam to oil, and drained after 15 of warming engine up - LOTS of black gunk drained out
- replaced oil with full syn 10w30
- replaced spark plugs with NGK brand, pre gap per specs
- removed throttle body completely, and cleaned the inside with throttle body cleaner.
- removed fuel pump, and ran carb cleaner through it a few times without fuel. Let sit for 20 minutes, and took a wrench to tap a few times. - this fixed the fuel pump whining/humming noises
- removed fuel injectors, replaced all o-rings.... rigged up a hose to fuel injector inlet, and sprayed carb/choke cleaner through it while supplying voltage.
- removed fuel tank, and replaced grommets, unclogged the excess fuel drain tube, cleaned out fuel inlet sock
- added 93 fuel, with 3 oz of sea foam
The machine now runs perfect! Like new almost!
Last edited by Alan J Mathers; 07-12-2019 at 12:50 PM.