835R mud flaps? - John Deere Gator Forums
Gator General Discussion If you need to talk about the John Deere Gator XUV/SXS/UTV and it does not fit into a more specific section down below, post it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 08-04-2019, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

835R mud flaps?

I know I've seen it here, and elsewhere, but I can't find it! I'm trying to avoid the problem of mud on the doors and gas cap from the rear wheels, that others have reported on the 835. Is there a fender extension that helps? I've been to Deere.com and elsewhere, but now I can't find it to order it!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-04-2019, 10:42 AM

Garage
The extensions that JD sells are not long enough to cover the area needed.

Consider using automotive style rubber fender flares for this project.

Example of product

Pacer Performance 52-189 Flexy Flares Black 2-1/2" x 58" Heavy Duty Reinforced Rubber Fender Extension Kit - 4 Piece https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00029X0ZG..._qYVrDb8REV4TV

2012 Gator 825i (new engine at 1700 hours) Power Steering-Sport Exhaust- Deluxe Cab-Heater- Work Lights On Top Front And Rear- Hella HID Driving Lights-Warn ProVantage 4500 synthetic winch-Electric Dump- Gillmore Seat Covers
post #3 of 10 Old 08-04-2019, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Bradhill, you are a tremendous resource here on these forums! I am grateful.

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradhill View Post

Example of product

Pacer Performance 52-189 Flexy Flares Black 2-1/2" x 58" Heavy Duty Reinforced Rubber Fender Extension Kit - 4 Piece https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00029X0ZG..._qYVrDb8REV4TV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 08-04-2019, 09:44 PM

I am getting a 835r tomorrow and I have seen a couple around here that others have and noticed all the mud thrown forward from the back tires. I ordered a big sheet of umhw plastic and will be making myself some mud guards in the next few days. Let ya know how it turns out.
post #5 of 10 Old 08-05-2019, 08:54 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
I am getting a 835r tomorrow and I have seen a couple around here that others have and noticed all the mud thrown forward from the back tires. I ordered a big sheet of umhw plastic and will be making myself some mud guards in the next few days. Let ya know how it turns out.

Cant wait to see your extensions!

2012 Gator 825i (new engine at 1700 hours) Power Steering-Sport Exhaust- Deluxe Cab-Heater- Work Lights On Top Front And Rear- Hella HID Driving Lights-Warn ProVantage 4500 synthetic winch-Electric Dump- Gillmore Seat Covers
post #6 of 10 Old 08-05-2019, 12:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deere John View Post
Bradhill, you are a tremendous resource here on these forums! I am grateful.

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradhill View Post

Example of product

Aww shucks.... Happy to help!!

post #7 of 10 Old 08-05-2019, 03:49 PM

Turned out pretty well. I just cut stips of the umhw plastic into 5 stips and started at the front of the bed and worked my way back attaching it with self tapping screws. I used a heat gun for the bends Im the fender well. The. Used a small piece 5 wide and attached it to cover up the gas cap area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3CC6A667-1314-4196-90B4-1323E8A59F7F.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	11727   Click image for larger version

Name:	82341DE5-87BA-48BC-8574-A26BD3190448.jpeg
Views:	16
Size:	5.09 MB
ID:	11729  
post #8 of 10 Old 08-06-2019, 03:30 AM

Garage
Quote:
Turned out pretty well. I just cut stips of the umhw plastic into 5 stips and started at the front of the bed and worked my way back attaching it with self tapping screws. I used a heat gun for the bends Im the fender well. The. Used a small piece 5 wide and attached it to cover up the gas cap area.

Nice work @Rock

post #9 of 10 Old 08-07-2019, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

That's great, Rock! Congrats on the new Gator! Installation turned out great. Thanks for the pics.
Quote:

Last edited by Deere John; 08-07-2019 at 08:16 AM.
post #10 of 10 Old Today, 07:15 AM

Garage
Looks great!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator General Discussion > Gator General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the John Deere Gator Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in