560 idle adjustment - John Deere Gator Forums
Gator General Discussion If you need to talk about the John Deere Gator XUV/SXS/UTV and it does not fit into a more specific section down below, post it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 11-22-2019, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

560 idle adjustment

I have a 2020 560 currently it performs flawlessly but with the colder weather settled in I'd like to increase the idle a bit but good Lord where is it and what do I need to remove lol please can someone help me .. thanks in advance Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-22-2019, 07:03 PM

The carb is mounted top and center valley of the engine. You'll need to remove the black center cover to gain access to it.
post #3 of 11 Old 11-22-2019, 11:36 PM

Follow up on above post.
Its the side centre panel above the fan shroud
Do not remove choke cable.
simply take out the 2 screws and let the panel hang gently.

If you take out the choke cable or it falls out you also need to remove the top cover to put it back in

Last edited by טים ירושלמי; 11-22-2019 at 11:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 11-23-2019, 07:00 AM

Be careful shifting after increasing the idle rpm. If you have difficulty shifting in and out of gear DO NOT force the lever. Forcing the lever can damage the shift cables & linkage or more expensively something inside the transmission.

The primary/drive clutch is activated by centrifugal force and increasing the rpm can cause the clutch to lightly engage and the transmission does not like to shift while it's powered/turning. If you ever do have trouble shifting in or out of gear shut the engine off, then shift and re-start the engine until you can get it fixed.
post #5 of 11 Old 11-23-2019, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dane View Post
Be careful shifting after increasing the idle rpm. If you have difficulty shifting in and out of gear DO NOT force the lever. Forcing the lever can damage the shift cables & linkage or more expensively something inside the transmission.

The primary/drive clutch is activated by centrifugal force and increasing the rpm can cause the clutch to lightly engage and the transmission does not like to shift while it's powered/turning. If you ever do have trouble shifting in or out of gear shut the engine off, then shift and re-start the engine until you can get it fixed.
Ive read about the shifting issues and currently experience zero issue with the machine ( knock on wood) I have a complete understanding on the clutches etc I just took a quick poke around to bring up the idle im like where the heck is this thing I've had two replies which im great full for but they mentioned a cover and like two screws and beware of the choke cable ...is this area accessible under y dump bed or the seat? I hadn't gotten out to the barn yet but today would be a good day to get er done lol thanks again for your help regards Rick
post #6 of 11 Old 11-23-2019, 09:25 AM

Accesible from the bed but its located under the filter housing.
Theres also a small little cover behind the passenger seat i sometime use to peek through.
post #7 of 11 Old 11-23-2019, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

I removed the screws and peeked behind the plate the choke cable is very taught and doesn't leave much room for viewing inside.i looked at every angle and just can't see the darn thing so I put the plate back as not wanting to knock the choke linkage off and have a project however I have an access hole just to the right of the hole for the choke cable I'd almost bet it's for adjustment...I just didn't see any screw head to suggest a Phillips torx etc.. what a project for something so simple im almost to the point of adjusting it by the cable ..geez
post #8 of 11 Old 11-23-2019, 11:24 AM

You just need to push the plate down a little, the idle is almost in front beneath the choke linkage to the left side of the carb.

You could do it from the hole prolly but its way more fiddly.
I believe it takes a flat blade screwdriver but otherwise its a philips head and not something special

Last edited by טים ירושלמי; 11-23-2019 at 11:30 AM.
post #9 of 11 Old 11-23-2019, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=˜™️ ™️ר•ש️œž™&#xfe0 f;;96789]You just need to push the plate down a little, the idle is almost in front beneath the choke linkage to the left side of the carb.

You could do it from the hole prolly but its way more fiddly.
I believe it takes a flat blade screwdriver but otherwise its a philips head and not something special[/QUOTE

Ill try and see if I can maybe access it through that hole id almost bet that's why it's there but when I had the cover unscrewed I saw what could be the screw it was brass in color I believe
post #10 of 11 Old 11-23-2019, 11:44 AM

Yeah i remember some having that hole aswell but doing it from experience is easier than finding the bloody screw the first time
post #11 of 11 Old 11-23-2019, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ˜™️ ™️ר•ש️œž™&#xfe0 f; View Post
Yeah i remember some having that hole aswell but doing it from experience is easier than finding the bloody screw the first time
my very reason for seeking wisdom here ..ill let you know how I make out regards Rick

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator General Discussion > Gator General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the John Deere Gator Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode