Help - John Deere Gator Forums
Gator General Discussion If you need to talk about the John Deere Gator XUV/SXS/UTV and it does not fit into a more specific section down below, post it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Unread 11-29-2019, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Help

https://southjersey.craigslist.org/g...028694011.html
was thinking about making an offer what do you think would be a fair price
you know a fixer up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Unread 11-29-2019, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john8746 View Post
you know a fixer up
Something like that I think you'd first have to see what a replacement motor would cost provided the one in it can't be rebuilt...then give it a good look over and see how it was really used. Maybe it was abused etc ...alot of what ifs unfortunately
post #3 of 7 Unread 11-29-2019, 04:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastbranchrick View Post
Quote:
you know a fixer up
Something like that I think you'd first have to see what a replacement motor would cost provided the one in it can't be rebuilt...then give it a good look over and see how it was really used. Maybe it was abused etc ...alot of what ifs unfortunately

Check with Power Sports Nation in Norfolk Nebraska they are a large used part warehouse for UTV抯. They generally have rebuilt 825 engines in stock.

2012 Gator 825i (new engine at 1700 hours) Power Steering-Sport Exhaust- Deluxe Cab-Heater- Work Lights On Top Front And Rear- Hella HID Driving Lights-Warn ProVantage 4500 synthetic winch-Electric Dump- Gillmore Seat Covers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Unread 11-29-2019, 04:26 PM

Quote:
you know a fixer up
I'd never buy anything like this w/o seeing it first !! The cab and wheels/tires alone are around $5000 when new. Brush guards and front guard another 5-600. If a power bed, that's 900 or so. The question now is what hidden damage is there, how much use (hours) and used for what ?? The current mkt value of a 2013 in good condition is ??? depending on location among other things. If you do go look, bring a good 12v battery so you can at least see if it turns over and what the mileage/hours are currently. I'm thinking $4500 is probably high given it's going on 7 years old. It would be nice to know if someone just ran it out of oil or what happened exactly. You can start monitoring Craig'sList and Tractorhouse for comparables to attempt to see current market asking prices around the country. Good luck. Craig
post #5 of 7 Unread 11-30-2019, 01:30 AM

Listen to a jd tech and say no to this, if you have to ask anyone whats a good price you should not be buying a machine like this.

We have a machine in the corner of the shop with atleast a broken gearbox.
Been thinking to myself about making an offer on it but i am not going to because of the variables involved.
I know the prices but i also know the risks from bolt to bolt

That being said you need to see it for yourself.
Ask what an engine costs and armed with that information throw a lowball offer.
Forget about dump beds and stuff like that for a second but think about little things.
Those little things will cost you more than an actuator.
Try putting together
2 4x4 shaft bearings with 2 boots
1 4x4 coupler
4 balljoints front
1 driveshaft boot
2 shocks.
1 gear selector spring
2 brake discs
2 brake pads
1 vario
Electrical work
Lightbulbs
Youll get there pretty fast and this is just an example but i made quotes that are way worse than this going over 5k dollars for seemingly random things
Ofcourse the customer is free to not replace certain things and so are you.
You can fix it over time and maybe get lucky if you didnt buy a wreck.

Or maybe buy a complete used one, maybe even tx ts 6x4, preferably diesel if you want a machine that lasts a long time without problems.
Hell if you are going the distance why not get a cheap 6x4 diesel and turbo it because its better to start with a good base.
You cant have more fun than with a 6x4

And yes, i agree with that 4500 is way too high

Last edited by 讟讬诐 讬专讜砖诇诪讬; 11-30-2019 at 01:46 AM.
post #6 of 7 Unread 11-30-2019, 06:23 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for all the replies went and looked at it yesterday 2700 hours need more the i want to invest in a project seats tires and god know what else ordered him $3000 would be a good parts buy power bed wheeled and cab we'll see where it goes
post #7 of 7 Unread 11-30-2019, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Thanks for all the replies went and looked at it yesterday 2700 hours need more the i want to invest in a project seats tires and god know what else ordered him $3000 would be a good parts buy power bed wheeled and cab we'll see where it goes
I wouldnt go much higher than that but wheels and seats arent even that bad if the rest is in good shape.
Seats are available plentiful and tires can be sourced really cheap if you want.
If you can be resourcefull i have seen engines go for as low as 600 dollars.
Could have a good runner for 4k if all the rest is ok

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator General Discussion > Gator General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the John Deere Gator Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in