Looking at a used XUV590i S4 - John Deere Gator Forums
Gator General Discussion If you need to talk about the John Deere Gator XUV/SXS/UTV and it does not fit into a more specific section down below, post it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 12-03-2019, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Looking at a used XUV590i S4

Hi -

I've been looking for a 4 seater utv for trail riding with the kids and grand-kids and for hunting. I've looked at a used xuv590i S4 with low hours.

It seems to be a good machine. But wanted to check with some Gator owners. Anything in particular I should check for before buying on this model? Anyone that has one, would you recommend it?

I also have a general Gator question. Do these have to be repaired or serviced only at authorized Deere places or can any place that works on utvs get parts and maintain a Gator?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-03-2019, 12:28 PM

Anyone can work on it, but most parts will have to come from JD. They do a good job of locking the aftermarket out on replacement items. Some accessories can be purchased outside of JD though.

Other brands can have greater aftermarket parts availability.

2012 JD855D OPS Black Poly Roof, Deluxe Cargo Box, Front and Rear Protection, Power Lift, Front Hood Rack, Rear Screen (homemade), 800 Watt Inverter, 2500lb Winch installed in cargo bed, Front and Rear LED auxiliary lighting (4" square 27 watt), Front and Rear CV Guards, Koplin Side Mirrors
post #3 of 3 Old 12-04-2019, 10:31 AM

You wont really find alot of atv and utv guys working on j.d.
Parts arent as plentifull as on some other brands

If you want a 590 its hard to answer these questions for you.
J.d. is generally a comfortable machine built for Working and that makes it a lot more rugged and bulky than for instance polaris.

I wouldnt say no to a 590 though, i like the machine and asked my boss a couple of times if he could import it aswell.
The engine is good, i never had a really big problem with working on gators and its mostly trouble free.

Keep in mind that the front vario tends to get sticky sometimes and that you might want that rebuild sometime.
Theres a guy here on the forum who does that

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator General Discussion > Gator General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the John Deere Gator Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode