Good value - John Deere Gator Forums
Gator General Discussion If you need to talk about the John Deere Gator XUV/SXS/UTV and it does not fit into a more specific section down below, post it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 12-22-2019, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

Good value

1999 gator 4x6 Diesel with 740 hours. For $4700. Is this a good deal? Otherwise seems to run and work fine. Plastics have been repaired in a few areas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 12-22-2019, 02:03 AM

Garage
Seems high

2012 Gator 825i (new engine at 1700 hours) Power Steering-Sport Exhaust- Deluxe Cab-Heater- Work Lights On Top Front And Rear- Hella HID Driving Lights-Warn ProVantage 4500 synthetic winch-Electric Dump- Gillmore Seat Covers
post #3 of 13 Old 12-22-2019, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradhill View Post
Seems high
Same thoughts on a 20 year old machine.

Keep in mind the cost of repair items are not on par with automotive, but several multiples higher and may not be available.

2012 JD855D OPS Black Poly Roof, Deluxe Cargo Box, Front and Rear Protection, Power Lift, Front Hood Rack, Rear Screen (homemade), 800 Watt Inverter, 2500lb Winch installed in cargo bed, Front and Rear LED auxiliary lighting (4" square 27 watt), Front and Rear CV Guards, Koplin Side Mirrors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 12-27-2019, 08:47 PM

I buy, refurbish and sell 4x2's and 6x4's. Assuming the Gator was in good running condition, I'd offer $4500, assume I'd put a couple hundred into it and list it at $6000. So for you, as an end user I'd say $4700 ain't bad for a diesel, again assuming it's in good running order. I sell gas 6x4's for $5k all day long. Good luck.
post #5 of 13 Old 01-09-2020, 08:54 PM

Don't you just love it when someone asks a question and we respond with our best advice and we hear nothing in return. Have to wonder how serious he was.
post #6 of 13 Old 01-09-2020, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapsnake View Post
Don't you just love it when someone asks a question and we respond with our best advice and we hear nothing in return. Have to wonder how serious he was.
Easily offended !! hehe Craig
post #7 of 13 Old 01-10-2020, 12:53 AM

Garage
Quote:

I share your frustration

2012 Gator 825i (new engine at 1700 hours) Power Steering-Sport Exhaust- Deluxe Cab-Heater- Work Lights On Top Front And Rear- Hella HID Driving Lights-Warn ProVantage 4500 synthetic winch-Electric Dump- Gillmore Seat Covers
post #8 of 13 Old 01-10-2020, 04:22 PM

Seen an 05 HPX diesel listed on one of the sites, called it a mechanic special for $4999....needed a motor...this was a JD dealer.
post #9 of 13 Old 01-10-2020, 06:34 PM

Easily offended !! hehe Craig[/QUOTE]

Actually, when someone asks for help and people step up to provide that help, it's customary to at least acknowledge it. Kind of an old-fashioned notion, just sayin'.
post #10 of 13 Old 01-11-2020, 11:16 AM

Garage
Quote:

Actually, when someone asks for help and people step up to provide that help, it's customary to at least acknowledge it. Kind of an old-fashioned notion, just sayin'.[/QUOTE]

Not only is a response customary, it is a common curtesy.

post #11 of 13 Old 01-11-2020, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Actually, when someone asks for help and people step up to provide that help, it's customary to at least acknowledge it. Kind of an old-fashioned notion, just sayin'.

Not only is a response customary, it is a common curtesy.[/QUOTE]

My remark was meant to be tongue-in-cheek !! Obviously, I agree with you guys - common courtesy is something we're losing rapidly as a culture !! Wait about 6 months and we'll see it at an all-time low !! Craig
post #12 of 13 Old 01-11-2020, 12:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumpi View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Not only is a response customary, it is a common curtesy.

My remark was meant to be tongue-in-cheek !! Obviously, I agree with you guys - common courtesy is something we're losing rapidly as a culture !! Wait about 6 months and we'll see it at an all-time low !! Craig[/QUOTE]

Yep I understand your comment was meant to be tongue in cheek. No worries

post #13 of 13 Old 01-11-2020, 07:07 PM

Aside from the issue of courtesy, I'm actually interested in what the Gator went for.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator General Discussion > Gator General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the John Deere Gator Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in