825i Constantly Jumps Out Of Gear - Page 3 - John Deere Gator Forums
Gator General Discussion If you need to talk about the John Deere Gator XUV/SXS/UTV and it does not fit into a more specific section down below, post it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 37 Old 06-10-2019, 09:01 AM

HI
Bradhill

NO, i have not owned this gator since new, actually i just bought it in an auction. it has 215 hours and about 3k miles. it looks very new. do you have any idea of what it could be.
do you think that it clutch be the clutch or the internal transmission.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 06-11-2019, 02:28 AM

Garage
Any chance you could get the primary clutch part number off the clutch? This would require removing the CVT intake and outer CVT cover.

2012 Gator 825i (new engine at 1700 hours) Power Steering-Sport Exhaust- Deluxe Cab-Heater- Work Lights On Top Front And Rear- Hella HID Driving Lights-Warn ProVantage 4500 synthetic winch-Electric Dump- Gillmore Seat Covers
post #33 of 37 Old 06-11-2019, 05:21 AM

Have you checked to make sure you have the correct belt? I would remove the cover over the CVT system so you can watch them, removing the bed helps. Then have a helper ride along and watch the clutches and belt when you drive. As you drive at full throttle on level ground you want to see the belt climb smoothly all the way to the top of the primary/drive clutch (the clutch on the engine). You want to see the secondary/driven clutch do the opposite. As you drive the secondary clutch should open allowing the belt to smoothly transition to the lowest part of the clutch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 37 Old 06-18-2019, 12:31 PM

Brad can you or Doc message me on how I go about getting a clutch reworked?

Thanks
post #35 of 37 Old 06-18-2019, 12:39 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by agoodman View Post
Brad can you or Doc message me on how I go about getting a clutch reworked?

Thanks

Hello agoodman

We responded to your email, earlier today.

Thank you

Brad and Doc
JD Clutch Doc
[email protected]

2012 Gator 825i (new engine at 1700 hours) Power Steering-Sport Exhaust- Deluxe Cab-Heater- Work Lights On Top Front And Rear- Hella HID Driving Lights-Warn ProVantage 4500 synthetic winch-Electric Dump- Gillmore Seat Covers
post #36 of 37 Old 06-19-2019, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPGarden View Post
HI paoutdoorsman good work.
I was reading the description of your issue and I think you could help me.
I am experiencing a similar issue. My Gator (model 8251 S4) seems to not increase the speed. The speed never goes higher than 21 mph at more than 5k rpms. You see that it does not move smooth.

The clutch seems to move in and out and you press or release the throttle. I donít know if that could still be a problem with the clutch or can be inside the transmission.
What do you recommend. This is the first Gator I have.
@SPGarden - I do not believe you have an internal transmission issue. I don't want to oversimplify, but make sure you are putting the Gator in high range. The speed on these machines is limited by the engine rev limiter which is right around 6,000 RPM. In high range, wide open throttle, your machine should run 42'ish MPH. Low range might be limited to around 21 MPH, but I honestly never explored that. I'll try it tonight.

If you are definately in high range, and still only able to achieve 21 MPH, then like dane mentioned, I would question if a drive belt that is too long was installed on the machine.
post #37 of 37 Old 06-22-2019, 09:33 AM

Garage
825i Constantly Jumps Out Of Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by paoutdoorsman View Post
......If you are definately in high range, and still only able to achieve 21 MPH, then like dane mentioned, I would question if a drive belt that is too long was installed on the machine.

@SPGarden ...In addition to the belt length as mentioned by @dane there is a possibility you have a speed limiting clutch on your Gator, this is why I asked for a Part Number on the Primary Clutch.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator General Discussion > Gator General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the John Deere Gator Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode