lift bed - John Deere Gator Forums
Gator Lighting, Stereo and Electrical Questions on getting that killer audio system installed on your Gator? Check here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 01-20-2019, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

lift bed

Where can I find the fuse for the lift bed. Used it yesterday, today nothing no sound or anything. So I'm thinking fuse? Or am I missing something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-20-2019, 12:11 PM

It might help if you supplied the model number.
post #3 of 8 Old 01-21-2019, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

Sorry, it's a 825i.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 01-21-2019, 11:47 AM

Garage
lift bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niles View Post
Sorry, it's a 825i.

I would first check the wire connections at the switch and bed lift, if you havenít done so already. Then check the fuse box. I donít know the location of the fuse for the lift, so you may need to check each fuse.

Here is a link to a 825i Operators Manual if you do not have a copy.

http://manuals.deere.com/omview/OMM173973_19/?tM=

Excerpt from Operators Manual fuse block location.

2012 Gator 825i (new engine at 1700 hours) Power Steering-Sport Exhaust- Deluxe Cab-Heater- Work Lights On Top Front And Rear- Hella HID Driving Lights-Warn ProVantage 4500 synthetic winch-Electric Dump- Gillmore Seat Covers

Last edited by Bradhill; 01-21-2019 at 11:49 AM.
post #5 of 8 Old 01-21-2019, 07:48 PM

I don't have access to a 825I workshop manual, but I'll describe what's done on the 885D as it is likely similar in nature with respect to the bed lift.

The up/down switch sends low current power to two relays which have a high current lead. Therefore two fuses are involved, one to raise it and the other lowers it. The low current source the switch provides to the relay is a switched circuit meaning it is on when the key is on. Wire color is likely yellow. It might be F8 (15 amps) located on the ECU. Under the storage tray.

The power source for the electric pump (red wire) is a 40 amp fuse in the fuse box (mine is high on the firewall behind the brake pedal) and is position F. There are only four fuses in this holder and no other components. (People have reported corrosion issues with this fuse block, so you may want to take it off and investigate its condition.

If you're bed isn't raising or lowering, I'd check for battery voltage at the bed lift switch when key is in run and check for battery voltage at the two relays with key either off or run. Doing this simple test will isolate the circuit making root cause easier to find.

Remember! This is based on the 855D manual.

Good luck and report back what you find.

2012 JD855D OPS Black Poly Roof, Deluxe Cargo Box, Front and Rear Protection, Power Lift, Front Hood Rack, Rear Screen (homemade), 800 Watt Inverter, 2500lb Winch installed in cargo bed, Front and Rear LED auxiliary lighting (4" square 27 watt), Front and Rear CV Guards, Koplin Side Mirrors
post #6 of 8 Old 01-23-2019, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses, got it taken care of found a loose connection.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-11-2019, 02:48 PM

2012/ 825i XUAV Gator. Lift switch stopped controlling up or down on box control.

I managed to raise box lift just fine to do some non related work. Two hours later while attempting to lower box, Up or down request via switch and I get nothing, no motor sound either way. Your Tips and manual resource here are helpful and I will reference it more to see if I can find the culpret. Thanks for posting ideas.
post #8 of 8 Old 05-11-2019, 06:38 PM

Let us know what you find.

Good luck!

2012 JD855D OPS Black Poly Roof, Deluxe Cargo Box, Front and Rear Protection, Power Lift, Front Hood Rack, Rear Screen (homemade), 800 Watt Inverter, 2500lb Winch installed in cargo bed, Front and Rear LED auxiliary lighting (4" square 27 watt), Front and Rear CV Guards, Koplin Side Mirrors

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator Technical Discussion > Gator Lighting, Stereo and Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the John Deere Gator Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in