2007 850D Parking Brake Switch - John Deere Gator Forums
Gator Lighting, Stereo and Electrical Questions on getting that killer audio system installed on your Gator? Check here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 07-03-2019, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

2007 850D Parking Brake Switch

Hi all,

I'm trying to locate the parking brake switch for a 2007 XUV850D. Supposedly the gator in question had the switch previously, but it no longer does. I haven't been able to find a part number anywhere for a replacement part, either. The parts manual doesn't even illustrate it. The physical terminal for the switch is there, and the parking brake light is as well, but the switch itself is non-existent.

Anyone have any idea where it is located or where I can get one? Did JD even make a switch for this model?

I noticed on a 2014 HPX how the switch should look, but on the 07 it doesn't appear that it would be the same...

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 07-03-2019, 11:28 AM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtloya View Post
Hi all,

I'm trying to locate the parking brake switch for a 2007 XUV850D. Supposedly the gator in question had the switch previously, but it no longer does. I haven't been able to find a part number anywhere for a replacement part, either. The parts manual doesn't even illustrate it. The physical terminal for the switch is there, and the parking brake light is as well, but the switch itself is non-existent.

Anyone have any idea where it is located or where I can get one? Did JD even make a switch for this model?

I noticed on a 2014 HPX how the switch should look, but on the 07 it doesn't appear that it would be the same...

Thanks in advance.

If I’m not mistaken, the parking brake is activated by the lever in the console. If you pull on the lever, the brake light icon on the dash should illuminate. If the lever is depressed the dash brake light should turn off.

I’m not aware of any auxiliary electric type brake switch on the Gator 850d.

Please see screenshot below look at part number 38 with red line to the left.

Please report back on your findings.

2012 Gator 825i (new engine at 1700 hours) Power Steering-Sport Exhaust- Deluxe Cab-Heater- Work Lights On Top Front And Rear- Hella HID Driving Lights-Warn ProVantage 4500 synthetic winch-Electric Dump- Gillmore Seat Covers

Last edited by Bradhill; 07-03-2019 at 01:12 PM.
post #3 of 13 Old 07-05-2019, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradhill View Post
If I’m not mistaken, the parking brake is activated by the lever in the console. If you pull on the lever, the brake light icon on the dash should illuminate. If the lever is depressed the dash brake light should turn off.

I’m not aware of any auxiliary electric type brake switch on the Gator 850d.

Please see screenshot below look at part number 38 with red line to the left.

Please report back on your findings.
Hi Bradhill, thanks for the response. I believe you are correct, but unless I'm mistaken, the parking brake lever actuates a switch which in turn illuminates that light on the dash. That switch is what I'm missing.

Attached are a few images I took.

The circuit schematic (1st pic) shows that wires 810 Pink and 420P Yellow go to a "Park Brake Switch" labeled S3. Within the main wiring harness diagram, this switch would be attached at point #35, which is the terminal as seen in the list (2nd pic). I took a pic of the terminal wires themselves as well (center pic).

I also included a picture of the parking brake switch from the 2014 HPX 4X4 (4th pic). I was thinking about just buying one of these switches and trying to install it on the 850D brake lever, but there doesn't appear to be anywhere to mount it that would actually allow it to work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	circuit schematic.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	11575   Click image for larger version

Name:	main wiring harness legend.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	11577   Click image for larger version

Name:	parking brake terminal pic.jpg
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	11579   Click image for larger version

Name:	hpx4x4 parking brake switch.jpg
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	11581   Click image for larger version

Name:	main wiring harness diagram.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	11583  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 07-05-2019, 02:46 PM

I have an 07 850D, I will take a look and see if I can get you some info when I go out to the farm this weekend.
post #5 of 13 Old 07-06-2019, 12:12 PM

Garage

Paging @JohnDeereCat1

Can you help?

2012 Gator 825i (new engine at 1700 hours) Power Steering-Sport Exhaust- Deluxe Cab-Heater- Work Lights On Top Front And Rear- Hella HID Driving Lights-Warn ProVantage 4500 synthetic winch-Electric Dump- Gillmore Seat Covers

Last edited by Bradhill; 07-06-2019 at 12:14 PM.
post #6 of 13 Old 07-09-2019, 05:16 AM Thread Starter

Please keep me updated with whatever you all may find out. My company just threw $2,600 back into the machine to get it refurb'd so I'd like to make sure it's as functional and mint as possible
post #7 of 13 Old 07-09-2019, 11:14 AM

Garage

According to partscatalog.deere.com

The switch appears to be integrated within the lever?

Have you looked at the lever closely? See number 13 on diagram.

The cost of replacing the lever with switch is rather spendy.

Last edited by Bradhill; 07-09-2019 at 11:20 AM.
post #8 of 13 Old 07-09-2019, 08:37 PM

I apologize, I didn’t make it out to the farm last weekend as planned. I hope to get out there this coming weekend and will take a couple of pics when I do. If I can find a part number on the switch I will make sure to get it for you.
post #9 of 13 Old 07-12-2019, 06:38 AM Thread Starter

Hi all, the switch being integrated with the lever itself seems likely, I just can't figure out where the wire connectors would plug into on the lever. Attached are a few pics I took a bit ago after removing the console. The first two are from above, the third is from beneath. I apologize if they aren't rotated correctly or aren't too helpful, I'm replying from my phone and couldn't get my phone to light up the areas I was actually looking at, especially while I was under the machine. Can anyone point it out? Are the connectors in the center of the lever? Would I have to remove the lever to connect the wires?

Thanks for all your help.

-Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190712_071211_1562931349344.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	3.99 MB
ID:	11625   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190712_071524_1562931368285.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	3.91 MB
ID:	11627   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190712_071815_1562931387886.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	11629  
post #10 of 13 Old 07-12-2019, 08:44 AM

Garage
Looking at the second photo above it appears the “white” roller is part of the micro switch for the dash light.

I believe you will need to remove the lever, the wires may likely connect on the bottom of the switch?

Good luck

post #11 of 13 Old 07-13-2019, 02:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradhill View Post
Looking at the second photo above it appears the “white” roller is part of the micro switch for the dash light.

I believe you will need to remove the lever, the wires may likely connect on the bottom of the switch?

Good luck
I was thinking that might've been something. It's a shame it's not easier to get to. Oh well, I'll look into it deeper the next time the machine's out of service for an oil change - should be soon. I'll report back with the findings when I do! Thanks
post #12 of 13 Old 07-13-2019, 06:09 PM

I looked at mine without taking all of the console out and the wires appear to come out the back of the lever and plug into the terminals you have pictured. Looking at your 2nd pic, does it look like wire ends burned off at the back of the switch with the white roller? I can’t get the pic I took attached

Last edited by KsNewss; 07-13-2019 at 09:37 PM.
post #13 of 13 Old 07-14-2019, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsNewss View Post
I looked at mine without taking all of the console out and the wires appear to come out the back of the lever and plug into the terminals you have pictured. Looking at your 2nd pic, does it look like wire ends burned off at the back of the switch with the white roller? I can’t get the pic I took attached
Ah, okay. Thank you for confirming that! I'm not sure if it's burned or if that is just dirt/grime. I'll definitely take a closer look to see if it's burnt up the next time I work on the machine

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator Technical Discussion > Gator Lighting, Stereo and Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the John Deere Gator Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode