Theory of Operation HPX front diff electronics - John Deere Gator Forums
Gator Lighting, Stereo and Electrical Questions on getting that killer audio system installed on your Gator? Check here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 07-18-2019, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Theory of Operation HPX front diff electronics

Anyone know how the front differential works?
I have had this problem of the machine blowing the main ignition fuse and it's the front differential causing it to blow.

Yes I know how electricity works, I know what frayed wires are, I know what the fuse box looks like and I know all of the other basic non helpful generic responses that everyone likes to give on this site.
I am looking for knowledge on the front differential and how it works to engage the axles. I took the side cover off and all that is in there is an electromagnetic ring and it doesn't even look serviceable. I really could not tell how the magnet engages the differential, all that's in there is a big metal washer.
I really don't even care if the electronic 4wd switch works, I will just jerry rig the front differential into staying locked all of the time if I can figure out how the damn thing works.
No, I do not have the John Deere Service Manual. If I had $200 to blow on a book, I'd just take the damn thing to the dealer or call the service mechanic to come out and fix it for me. Thing really is a POS. John Deere isn't what it used to be that's for sure. They ought to give the service manuals away for free, as much money as I give them for ridiculously overpriced parts they went 100 miles out of their way to design to be .25 inches different size than all of the other manufacturers so that you have to buy parts from them. From carrier bearings down to radiator hoses with one end molded larger and one smaller than a regular radiator hose, the engineers are John Deere are real A holes...
This 2955 is about a new a JD as I would care to buy.

Thanks for all of your informative help. I know in 6 months the only thing I will find on Google is Gator Forums pushing my unanswered question up on the Google results to get more people to sign up for the site where people give you answers like "Did you check the operators manual or do you have a service manual"

Seriously, go type in my question on Google, there is even a YouTube video, that links to my question on Gator Forums... What a waste of internet...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-18-2019, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Singer View Post
I have had this problem of the machine blowing the main ignition fuse and it's the front differential causing it to blow.

Yes I know how electricity works, I know what frayed wires are, I know what the fuse box looks like and I know all of the other basic non helpful generic responses that everyone likes to give on this site.
I am looking for knowledge on the front differential and how it works to engage the axles. I took the side cover off and all that is in there is an electromagnetic ring and it doesn't even look serviceable. I really could not tell how the magnet engages the differential, all that's in there is a big metal washer.
I really don't even care if the electronic 4wd switch works, I will just jerry rig the front differential into staying locked all of the time if I can figure out how the damn thing works.
No, I do not have the John Deere Service Manual. If I had $200 to blow on a book, I'd just take the damn thing to the dealer or call the service mechanic to come out and fix it for me. Thing really is a POS. John Deere isn't what it used to be that's for sure. They ought to give the service manuals away for free, as much money as I give them for ridiculously overpriced parts they went 100 miles out of their way to design to be .25 inches different size than all of the other manufacturers so that you have to buy parts from them. From carrier bearings down to radiator hoses with one end molded larger and one smaller than a regular radiator hose, the engineers are John Deere are real A holes...

Thanks for all of your informative help. I know in 6 months the only thing I will find on Google is Gator Forums pushing my unanswered question up on the Google results to get more people to sign up for the site where people give you answers like "Did you check the operators manual or do you have a service manual"

Seriously, go type in my question on Google, there is even a YouTube video, that links to my question on Gator Forums... What a waste of internet...
Funny...with a post like this, that one would actually expect to get a professional response. But here you go. I’ll try to keep it professional as possible.

Maybe if you would have spent as much time researching equipment (before buying) as you did typing this ridiculous post, you would have equipment that you would not be referring to a “POS” right now. Keep in mind, making a mockery of and insulting the members of this forum does not change the fact that “what you call a POS” is something YOU own because YOU chose to spend YOUR money on it. Good luck Chuck!....I mean Jim.

Last edited by Granger; 07-18-2019 at 11:13 PM.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-19-2019, 03:58 AM

Garage
I have a Technical Manual for the HPX that I could share with you, but I wont.

Im guilty as charged of providing you with non-helpful information on your previous post regarding blown fuses.

I could go on...but I have spent enough of my time on this post.

2012 Gator 825i (new engine at 1700 hours) Power Steering-Sport Exhaust- Deluxe Cab-Heater- Work Lights On Top Front And Rear- Hella HID Driving Lights-Warn ProVantage 4500 synthetic winch-Electric Dump- Gillmore Seat Covers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-19-2019, 03:59 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granger View Post
Quote:

Funny...with a post like this, that one would actually expect to get a professional response. But here you go. Ill try to keep it professional as possible.

Maybe if you would have spent as much time researching equipment (before buying) as you did typing this ridiculous post, you would have equipment that you would not be referring to a POS right now. Keep in mind, making a mockery of and insulting the members of this forum does not change the fact that what you call a POS is something YOU own because YOU chose to spend YOUR money on it. Good luck Chuck!....I mean Jim.

Well said Granger... Thanks

2012 Gator 825i (new engine at 1700 hours) Power Steering-Sport Exhaust- Deluxe Cab-Heater- Work Lights On Top Front And Rear- Hella HID Driving Lights-Warn ProVantage 4500 synthetic winch-Electric Dump- Gillmore Seat Covers
post #5 of 5 Old 07-19-2019, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granger View Post
Quote:

Funny...with a post like this, that one would actually expect to get a professional response. But here you go. Ill try to keep it professional as possible.

Maybe if you would have spent as much time researching equipment (before buying) as you did typing this ridiculous post, you would have equipment that you would not be referring to a POS right now. Keep in mind, making a mockery of and insulting the members of this forum does not change the fact that what you call a POS is something YOU own because YOU chose to spend YOUR money on it. Good luck Chuck!....I mean Jim.
That's your reply? If I spent 45 seconds researching then I would have known John Deere made a shitty utility vehicle advertised as manual shifting with an electronic front axle? Wonderful. Seems like you spent even less than 45 seconds thinking about that.
smh...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator Technical Discussion > Gator Lighting, Stereo and Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the John Deere Gator Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode