XUV 560S4 wiring diagram - John Deere Gator Forums
Gator Lighting, Stereo and Electrical Questions on getting that killer audio system installed on your Gator? Check here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 11-23-2019, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy XUV 560S4 wiring diagram

Hello, I have been trying to locate a complete wiring diagram for the XUV 560S4.
I bought the Gator brand new in 2016 and has a little over 100hrs.
I was using the Gator a couple days ago to drag my field and came over to my gate and turned off the Gator, because I needed to do some stuff with my tractor.
It cranked for a second and then would not even crank over, so I had to drag it over to my barn.
So here are a few things that I have tried.
-Checked the fuses, they are good.
-checked the battery make sure it was charged and holding charge and it was, but nothing.
-I hooked up another battery just to try and still nothing.
-I checked the spark plugs and cleaned them off and nothing.
-I tried a screwdriver on the solenoid and barely sparked, but nothing.

Honestly I am stump and do not know what it could be.
I just cannot find any diagram to show me what colors lead to what and any help would be very grateful. I would like to do it myself and not take it to the dealership.

ASh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-24-2019, 12:11 AM

Garage
Those of us who have Gators for a while tend to get the JD technical manual. It has all the wiring diagrams, service procedures, etc. It's got step by step on most everything. That said, the CD is on eBay for $147 which is a bit steep. However, if you're going to hand on to that model for a while, it's still a good investment.
post #3 of 9 Old 11-24-2019, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptSeabee View Post
Those of us who have Gators for a while tend to get the JD technical manual. It has all the wiring diagrams, service procedures, etc. It's got step by step on most everything. That said, the CD is on eBay for $147 which is a bit steep. However, if you're going to hand on to that model for a while, it's still a good investment.
I will have to check that out and I know that would be helpful. I need to pick one of those up for my JD 3032E and JD Z730M, but I was hoping that I could get some quick help before taking it into the dealership.

ASh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 11-24-2019, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

UPDATE: So, I thought that I would charge the battery again and see if anything changed.
Now the starter or solenoid sounds like a machine gun going off when you go to try to start it.
I'm guessing that it probably is the solenoid or starter needing replaced is what my problem is.

ASh
post #5 of 9 Old 11-24-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyash View Post
UPDATE: So, I thought that I would charge the battery again and see if anything changed.
Now the starter or solenoid sounds like a machine gun going off when you go to try to start it.
I'm guessing that it probably is the solenoid or starter needing replaced is what my problem is.

ASh
Clicking like a machine gun is generally the battery.
Replace it if its below 12,4 to 12 volts at full charge after 30 minutes from the charger
post #6 of 9 Old 11-25-2019, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by טים ירושלמי View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyash View Post

ASh
Clicking like a machine gun is generally the battery.
Replace it if its below 12,4 to 12 volts at full charge after 30 minutes from the charger
It does not crank over. See I heard that if it sounds like a machine gun, it is the starter or solenoid, but do not know.

ASh
post #7 of 9 Old 11-25-2019, 11:24 PM

In this case i would check the battery aswell before replacing the starter.
Actually 90% of the time if i hear rapid clicking its the battery not the starter.

Its an easy check to do and if its not the starter it will save you a lot of money.

Thats just how proper diagnosing works, too many people spend 300 dollars on parts they do not even know they need
post #8 of 9 Old 11-27-2019, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

UPDATE: I had an old timer tell me to try to jump off my gator with my diesel or any car and see what happens, if it starts up, then it is the battery. So, I jumped it and it started right up, so went by John Deere and picked up a new battery and she is starting up perfect now.

ASh
post #9 of 9 Old 11-27-2019, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by טים ירושלמי View Post
In this case i would check the battery aswell before replacing the starter.
Actually 90% of the time if i hear rapid clicking its the battery not the starter.

Its an easy check to do and if its not the starter it will save you a lot of money.

Thats just how proper diagnosing works, too many people spend 300 dollars on parts they do not even know they need
yeap, it ended up being the battery, just sad that they do not last very long. i'm planning on getting a battery charger/maintainer for the gator and probably my JD 3032E and Z730M.

ASh

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator Technical Discussion > Gator Lighting, Stereo and Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the John Deere Gator Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode