Need a bumper and brush guard - John Deere Gator Forums
Gator Parts and Products For Sale Post your parts or John Deere Gator related products here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-11-2019, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
JWA

Need a bumper and brush guard

I have a 1997 TH 6x4 and I'm trying to find a bumper (BM17649) and/or a brush guard (BM18530) for this particular year. Both items are in the drawing. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6x4 brush guard 7.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	11907  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-11-2019, 07:11 PM

Since you've provided no information on what you have done so far, let's start with the basics:

1. Contact one the supporting vendors here.
2. Call your local JD dealer
3. Google the part numbers to see if anyone has one for sale

2012 JD855D OPS Black Poly Roof, Deluxe Cargo Box, Front and Rear Protection, Power Lift, Front Hood Rack, Rear Screen (homemade), 800 Watt Inverter, 2500lb Winch installed in cargo bed, Front and Rear LED auxiliary lighting (4" square 27 watt), Front and Rear CV Guards, Koplin Side Mirrors
post #3 of 7 Old 10-06-2019, 11:50 PM

I have a new set of front fender guards! It is JD part# BM23457. It works with the newer style brush guard/bumper. The guards slip into the ends of your existing brush guard and they follow the contour of the fenders down to the floor pan. Then they have plates that bolt to the floor. They are black powder coated and I have instructions and mounting hardware, all new just no box
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old Yesterday, 01:36 AM

I have a 1994 Utility 6X4 Gas. Man it took me almost 5 months to find the right one. I got to know my local JD dealer after spending a small fortune there on my restoration. I’d been all over eBay, Amazon, google, etc. My dealer is owned by AgPro and the are the largest privately owned JD dealer chain in the U.S. and they found one in a dealership of theirs in SC. Another good source that I found a license plate with lamp is aftermarket.express Their site needs some work but not too bad. You sign up, enter your part info you are looking for and they take it from there. They are slow to respond so I emailed them almost daily. They found my part in Wisc through a dealer in SD and they are in FL. No money exchanged until they had the part sourced and then shipped once paid. Whole process took about a week for them to find it but it was worth the hassle. That tag plate/lamp was made for a European Gator and all dealers I contacted told me it was “NLA” or no longer available! And yet these guys found one. Let’s us know how you make out. Also on eBay there was one listed under a military Gator. I did the buy now option even though the guy wanted over $500 for it. But. It was an all in one bumper and brush-guard that fit the older style Gator. We even communicated in real time, exchanged pics with a tape measure to make sure it’d fit. I ordered it and two days later he said he had car troubles and didn’t have time to fool with it. He cancelled the order and promptly refunded my money. The seller was madtownnos and it was eBay item number 123747908990 and he wanted $589 for it and he pays standard shipping. He did email me back a week or so later and apologized for cancelling and said he still had it. That was in late August. Try to look him up. Let us know how you make out if I think of any other sources I’ll reply again. Also attached pic is of my brush-guard part# BM18530
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	8B3EAB84-1B5C-4A95-BE16-F682C0A40B8A_1570516572582.png
Views:	4
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	12051  
post #5 of 7 Old Yesterday, 02:06 AM

I found the info on that military Gator brush-guard. The attached pics are screen shots from the original ad. Try to contact him.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3DC53E72-0250-4205-B1C6-4950F79773B1_1570518266095.png
Views:	5
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	12053   Click image for larger version

Name:	F61CC536-6CA2-46C6-B87B-38CF49F4B6D7_1570518280319.png
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	12055   Click image for larger version

Name:	01F0FA99-A6B4-4A46-9F7B-74B63CD52FDE_1570518295736.png
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	12057  
post #6 of 7 Old Yesterday, 10:45 AM

Call me nuts but id think that the newer model guards should fit aswell in some way or another.
I am wondering what will fit aswell since i might be interested in buying something myself

As a mechanic and owner of a 2000 gator ts i know that many if not all parts are compatible.
The frame never really changed, just the mounting locations.
For instance a tx hood will fit a ts only the mounting pins are not on the ts.
The tx underseat plastic also looks different and needs a different gas tank to fit but will fit inside the frame perfectly and covers the vent on the passenger side aswell
Ts fenders have the same locations aswell.

So it might be a real possibility to put a bumper on from a newer tx or ts
post #7 of 7 Old Today, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
JWA

Thanks. I'll give that a try

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > Classifieds > Gator Parts and Products For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the John Deere Gator Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode