JD Clutch Doc Is Now Offering Venom Performance Shift Kits For The 825i - John Deere Gator Forums
Gator Performance Modifications This is the area to discuss John Deere Gator performance modifications, Gator Accessories, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 04-28-2018, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
JD Clutch Doc Is Now Offering Venom Performance Shift Kits For The 825i

Hello all JD Clutch Doc is now a Venom Products dealer.

They have the new performance shift kit for the 825i.

Don't spend your time and money modifying 855D weights to lower your RPM's. The truth is the 855D weight mods hurt your performance.

Venom's Rooster Adjustable Performance Kits will lower RPM’s , cab noise and increase fuel mileage without hurting the performance and top end speed.

Contact [email protected] for more information.

See video produced by Venom Products

2012 Gator 825i (new engine at 1700 hours) Power Steering-Sport Exhaust- Deluxe Cab-Heater- Work Lights On Top Front And Rear- Hella HID Driving Lights-Warn ProVantage 4500 synthetic winch-Electric Dump- Gillmore Seat Covers

Last edited by Bradhill; 05-05-2018 at 09:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 05-03-2018, 05:39 PM

I installed this clutch on my 825i s4. Wow this is smooth. Shifting is effortless and smooth. Engagement and disengagement is also very smooth. Transition from light load to heavy load is very responsive. The lower rpm helps with the noise. I am seeing 500 to 800 lower engine speeds depending on load. The clutch does not rattle like my old clutch did. I highly recommend Doc’s work on this. Thanks Doc!
post #3 of 24 Old 05-03-2018, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelocoman View Post
I installed this clutch on my 825i s4. Wow this is smooth. Shifting is effortless and smooth. Engagement and disengagement is also very smooth. Transition from light load to heavy load is very responsive. The lower rpm helps with the noise. I am seeing 500 to 800 lower engine speeds depending on load. The clutch does not rattle like my old clutch did. I highly recommend Doc’s work on this. Thanks Doc!

@MBDiagMan (Doc) and I thank you !!

2012 Gator 825i (new engine at 1700 hours) Power Steering-Sport Exhaust- Deluxe Cab-Heater- Work Lights On Top Front And Rear- Hella HID Driving Lights-Warn ProVantage 4500 synthetic winch-Electric Dump- Gillmore Seat Covers

Last edited by Bradhill; 05-05-2018 at 09:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 05-08-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradhill View Post

Don't spend your time and money modifying 855D weights to lower your RPM's. The truth is the 855D weight mods hurt your performance.

Venom's Rooster Adjustable Performance Kits will lower RPMís
, cab noise and increase fuel mileage without hurting the performance and top end speed.
Any time you lower the up-shift point, you are losing performance(it's just the way CVTs work). Now, whether or not you can tell it with the seat-of-the-pants meter, that's another story altogether.

How much are these adjustable kits? I might get one to play with one day.
post #5 of 24 Old 05-10-2018, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillybubba View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradhill View Post

Venom's Rooster Adjustable Performance Kits will lower RPMís
, cab noise and increase fuel mileage without hurting the performance and top end speed.

Any time you lower the up-shift point, you are losing performance(it's just the way CVTs work). Now, whether or not you can tell it with the seat-of-the-pants meter, that's another story altogether.

How much are these adjustable kits? I might get one to play with one day.

PM sent

post #6 of 24 Old 05-10-2018, 11:06 AM

Can't you just post it here? lol
post #7 of 24 Old 06-12-2018, 10:23 AM

Just finished installing the clutch Doc reworked for me with the Venom Performance shift kit. WOW!!!! I can't say enough about how much better my machine runs. Shifts smooth, runs much quieter, and seems faster than it ever was. Thanks to Doc and Brad Hill for the fantastic follow-up up and service. If you are having trouble shifting your gator this is a no risk solution!
post #8 of 24 Old 06-12-2018, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tman53 View Post
Just finished installing the clutch Doc reworked for me with the Venom Performance shift kit. WOW!!!! I can't say enough about how much better my machine runs. Shifts smooth, runs much quieter, and seems faster than it ever was. Thanks to Doc and Brad Hill for the fantastic follow-up up and service. If you are having trouble shifting your gator this is a no risk solution!

Thank you @tman53 for the kind words!
Best Regards!
@MBDiagMan (Doc) @Bradhill

post #9 of 24 Old 08-20-2018, 06:30 AM

Hello all! I am new to this site but have been reading quite a bit about the clutch problems in the gator. Very informative and helpful.

I have a 825i with the same hard to shift problems that it seems like everyone else has had. Quick question, and forgive me if this has already been addressed. Does the venom clutch kit address the hard to shift or just the performance of the clutch? If no, how do I get in contact with the “Doc” to get my clutch fixed? Does he have a website or is that info posted somewhere?

Thanks again in advance.
post #10 of 24 Old 08-20-2018, 12:42 PM

Send a private message to Bradhill here on the forum. He is the contact guy for the clutch doc. Great guys to work with. Your questions, concerns and clutch problem will be answered/fixed. Guaranteed...
post #11 of 24 Old 09-09-2018, 10:30 AM

Hello all, just installed my re worked clutch from Doc and Brad, full tune-up plus the Venom kit to lower RPM etc. Installed yesterday morn, very pleased, excellent service and very quick turnaround, basically one week, $350 well spent, ABSOLUTELY recommend this,
post #12 of 24 Old 09-25-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usernamedjmhoyt View Post
Hello all, just installed my re worked clutch from Doc and Brad, full tune-up plus the Venom kit to lower RPM etc. Installed yesterday morn, very pleased, excellent service and very quick turnaround, basically one week, $350 well spent, ABSOLUTELY recommend this,
That's great to hear! Can you post any videos on Youtube to show it off?
post #13 of 24 Old 09-26-2018, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapala View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usernamedjmhoyt View Post
That's great to hear! Can you post any videos on Youtube to show it off?

PM Sent

post #14 of 24 Old 04-01-2019, 07:42 AM

Shifting is effortless and smooth. Engagement and disengagement is also very smooth. Transition from light load to heavy load is very responsive. The lower rpm helps with the noise. I am seeing 500 to 800 lower engine speeds depending on load.

This personal alarms reviews are amazing
post #15 of 24 Old 04-02-2019, 08:54 AM

@Bradhill

You guys sell just the kits or just the service?

2011 825i

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator Technical Discussion > Gator Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the John Deere Gator Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in