gator 825 clutch upgrade - John Deere Gator Forums
Gator Performance Modifications This is the area to discuss John Deere Gator performance modifications, Gator Accessories, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-28-2019, 03:16 AM Thread Starter

gator 825 clutch upgrade

Hi all,
I have a 825i with a serial number 23263, and I see at serial number 60000 they have a different driven and drive clutch. They went from a AM146794 to a AM196793 and from a AM141396 to a AM145994. Now, both my clutches are stuffed and I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether these newer clutches will fit my older machine? I've had clutch problems with this gator before, so I was hoping the new ones might be better? Has anyone got an opinion on that? Are there aftermarket clutches that are any better / cheaper?

Cheers
Brett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-28-2019, 07:04 AM

Get a message to Brad Hill or the Clutch Doc. I sent my clutch to them for repair last spring and I couldn't be happier. I plow snow with my 825 and it performed flawlessly this winter.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-28-2019, 06:49 PM

I second the recommendation to have The Clutch Doctor (Brad Hill is his contact on this forum) look at your primary clutch. I went through several clutches under warranty with Deere and always had problems. I don't know if he does secondary/driven clutches but he did my primary/drive clutch probably three years ago and it's still working great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 03-28-2019, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

cheers Dane and tman, I'll ask the clutch doc, but I am in Australia and imagine freight would be my killer!
post #5 of 7 Old 03-29-2019, 10:42 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettbidstrup View Post
cheers Dane and tman, I'll ask the clutch doc, but I am in Australia and imagine freight would be my killer!

Hello Brett, if you want to check on the cost of shipping on your end. The shipment is roughly 12 lbs with dimensions of 8”x8”x8”.

All the best,

Brad and Doc

JD Clutch Doc

2012 Gator 825i (new engine at 1700 hours) Power Steering-Sport Exhaust- Deluxe Cab-Heater- Work Lights On Top Front And Rear- Hella HID Driving Lights-Warn ProVantage 4500 synthetic winch-Electric Dump- Gillmore Seat Covers
post #6 of 7 Old 03-29-2019, 03:39 PM

Garage
gator 825 clutch upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by tman53 View Post
Get a message to Brad Hill or the Clutch Doc. I sent my clutch to them for repair last spring and I couldn't be happier. I plow snow with my 825 and it performed flawlessly this winter.

@tman53 we are happy you’re pleased with our Hand Tuning service and the Venom Performance Rooster Shift Kit is working well for you!!

Brad and Doc
JD Clutch Doc
[email protected]

2012 Gator 825i (new engine at 1700 hours) Power Steering-Sport Exhaust- Deluxe Cab-Heater- Work Lights On Top Front And Rear- Hella HID Driving Lights-Warn ProVantage 4500 synthetic winch-Electric Dump- Gillmore Seat Covers
post #7 of 7 Old 05-22-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettbidstrup View Post
Hi all,
I have a 825i with a serial number 23263, and I see at serial number 60000 they have a different driven and drive clutch. They went from a AM146794 to a AM196793 and from a AM141396 to a AM145994. Now, both my clutches are stuffed and I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether these newer clutches will fit my older machine? I've had clutch problems with this gator before, so I was hoping the new ones might be better? Has anyone got an opinion on that? Are there aftermarket clutches that are any better / cheaper?

Cheers
Brett
Griffin Performance reworks these clutches or you can buy their complete tune-able aftermarket primary. Which is nothing like the factory gator clutch in looks or performance.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator Technical Discussion > Gator Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the John Deere Gator Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in