Gator TE electric - John Deere Gator Forums
Gator Performance Modifications This is the area to discuss John Deere Gator performance modifications, Gator Accessories, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-15-2019, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Gator TE electric

Hello-
We have a gator TE ~ 2010.
When I step on accelerator the gator moves but only 2-3 mph.
Replaced attenuator at suggestion of JD dealer. No improvement.
Sometimes the Gator runs fine, but lately more often than not moves only very slowly. Pumping the accelerator doesn't help, BUT hitting the battery switch next to drivers seat on/off does briefly correct problem.

We are located on an island on St Lawrence, so bringing it in for service involves a barge trip and flatbed ride. . . so I'd obviously like to avoid that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-16-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch Bard View Post
Hello-
BUT hitting the battery switch next to drivers seat on/off does briefly correct problem.
Wouldn't that be a big clue to at least remove, inspect and clean to bare metal the connections to make certain there is good electrical continuity? Do you know how to use a electrical test meter (volt meter)?

Given your travel difficulties, I suggest you purchase the workshop manual so you have good electrical schematics, an understanding of how the unit functions and the proper test meter.

Let us know what you find.

2012 JD855D OPS Black Poly Roof, Deluxe Cargo Box, Front and Rear Protection, Power Lift, Front Hood Rack, Rear Screen (homemade), 800 Watt Inverter, 2500lb Winch installed in cargo bed, Front and Rear LED auxiliary lighting (4" square 27 watt), Front and Rear CV Guards, Koplin Side Mirrors
post #3 of 3 Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM

Mine was doing something very similar to that. Is the controller giving a flashing light sequence after it enters the slower mode? I'm going to assume that it is giving you the code for no input from speed control. Turning it off and on from the service switch will reset the controller and it will work for a short bit or just for a burst until it senses no input from speed control sensor which is located on the end of the motor. Good luck!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator Technical Discussion > Gator Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the John Deere Gator Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in