1994 6X4 gas. Any ideas on seatbelts? - Page 2 - John Deere Gator Forums
Gator Roll Cages, Seats and Belts Discussions about Gator safety related products

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 Old 10-20-2019, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

The ONLY REASON for seatbelts is for a “Slow Moving Vehicle Tag”. I do know that the sunshade I have on mine is just that ! I’m not a fan of being “interviewed” by the Police. Also on the roads maintained by the US Forest service require all vehicles be street legal and this would finish mine out per the requirements. I have headlights, front turn signals, taillights with turn and stop signals, a tag mount with lamp for a European Gator I found and the “Orange Triangle”. As far as a windshield it says “appropriate eye protection” can substitute for it. No helmet required for this type of vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	34516D6D-0C87-44D1-9903-FF5BE154D4F7_1571576875573.jpeg
Views:	7
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	12149   Click image for larger version

Name:	07D88E8C-9D57-4AA6-96DA-CCEB13EDFA9D_1571576948513.jpeg
Views:	8
Size:	2.38 MB
ID:	12151  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlclayton6X4 View Post
I have this 94 6X4 I am restoring. I can actually get a tag for in Tn where I reside. The only item I抦 missing is seatbelts. Has anyone ever crafted a set on an old Utility 6X4 ? I抳e though about browsing a local junk yard, but mainly looking for ideas at this point. Lord I抳e spent enough on it but it looks and runs perfect now ! It抯 a head turner as you don抰 see many of the 1993-1995 original run of the 6X4抯 ! Take a look at my progress ! Paid $750 for it out of a barn in central Ga after sitting there rotting away for 14 years !
Where did you find the sun shade?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
post #18 of 19 Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasmeneh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlclayton6X4 View Post
I have this 94 6X4 I am restoring. I can actually get a tag for in Tn where I reside. The only item I’m missing is seatbelts. Has anyone ever crafted a set on an old Utility 6X4 ? I’ve though about browsing a local junk yard, but mainly looking for ideas at this point. Lord I’ve spent enough on it but it looks and runs perfect now ! It’s a head turner as you don’t see many of the 1993-1995 original run of the 6X4’s ! Take a look at my progress ! Paid $750 for it out of a barn in central Ga after sitting there rotting away for 14 years !
Where did you find the sun shade?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Its an original jd part that he got with the machine probably.
Dont know the number or availability
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 19 Old Today, 01:01 AM

Even then, a sunshade is not rollover protection and I would not want to be strapped in to UTV that did not have rollover protection.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator Safety > Gator Roll Cages, Seats and Belts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the John Deere Gator Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in