RSX 850i will not start - John Deere Gator Forums
Gator RSX850i Discuss John Deere's all new Gator RSX850i UTV here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 02-26-2014, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

RSX 850i will not start

Parked my new gator (90 miles) last week as there is too much snow in my area to run. Went out to garage yesterday and it would not start. I checked all the fuses and connections and everything looks ok. Engine cranks but will not start. Suggestions anyone??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-26-2014, 12:37 PM

Water in your fuel maybe? Maybe fuel solenoid isnt opening?
post #3 of 9 Old 02-26-2014, 02:36 PM

I had a little water problem with my machine last summer. Got her dried out and all the fluids changed. Went to fire her up and had the same problem. The machine would turn over, just wouldn't fire. I had good fuel and spark, so I was stumped and took it back to Deere. Turned out to be the oxygen sensor on the lower exhaust (on the right side). If those sensors get wet and ruined, your gator ain't gonna start! Sounds like a possible culprit! Also, can you hear your fuel pump run when you first turn on the key?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 02-26-2014, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

Don't think it's a water problem - just ran it on some hard pack snow - but who knows! Dealer picking it up the morning and I'll mention the sensor and I agree - a wet sensor leaving you stranded in the middle of the woods doesn't sound that appealing. I'll post the outcome!
post #5 of 9 Old 06-01-2014, 05:50 PM

Did you ever find the problem?
post #6 of 9 Old 06-01-2014, 09:23 PM

The lower right o2 sensor went bad (damaged) on my RSX and it still ran fine. The only thing I noticed was the service light on.
post #7 of 9 Old 10-12-2019, 02:08 PM

My rsx 850i will not start. Light cluster comes on but fuel pump does not kick in at all. Look at connections, fuses and all appears good. Any ideas
post #8 of 9 Old 10-12-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casca View Post
My rsx 850i will not start. Light cluster comes on but fuel pump does not kick in at all. Look at connections, fuses and all appears good. Any ideas
You must have good vision to see the electrons flowing. The only why I can tell if current is flowing is to use a meter or test light.

Perhaps give a better account of what is happening and what you've tried so far. It's also best to start a new thread instead of replying to a 5 year old thread.

2012 JD855D OPS Black Poly Roof, Deluxe Cargo Box, Front and Rear Protection, Power Lift, Front Hood Rack, Rear Screen (homemade), 800 Watt Inverter, 2500lb Winch installed in cargo bed, Front and Rear LED auxiliary lighting (4" square 27 watt), Front and Rear CV Guards, Koplin Side Mirrors
post #9 of 9 Old 10-12-2019, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casca View Post
Without ever having worked on one of these.

Afaik the fuel pump should kick in no matter what but i have seen other john deere equipment that shuts off even the fuel pump when a safety switch does not work.

So thats something to check.
And yes get a testlight to check fuses because simply checking them by eye is not enough
Or ofcourse its a broken wire or bad connector somewhere.
Yes i have seen connectors that looked good but did not let any power go through.
Again: testlight

(Story:we had a new mechanic looking for an electric problem once.
Could not find the problem even though he checked everything.
Asked him Where his testlight was and he said he could work without and check all connectors and fuses.
Long story short i told him to get me a testlight ran it over the fuse panel 5 seconds and it simply had a burnt fuse.)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator General Discussion > Gator RSX850i

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the John Deere Gator Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode