John Deere Gator Forums banner

Running Wires

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Sdgator1124 
#1 ·
Ok I am in the process of running wires from my battery and out the front to a self contained hydraulic actuator to move my plow from left to right. It is the motoalliance pro series plow. I need to mount the actuator module somewhere "high and dry" according to their instruction where would be a good spot to mount this? I see the winch actuator is right by the battery. What are peoples thoughts on under the floor where the wires run out the front firewall along the floor.

As far as running the wires out the front what is the best way? So far I have taken the seats, the floor and the panel just below the seats out. Is it best to remove the front hood and all that up there also?

#4 ·
I ran my winch wires down the coolant lines benea the floor to stay away from the driveshaft. I mounted my solenoid by the passenger fuse assembly under the hood. It usually stays high and dry with me, i knocked the plug at the bottom of the storage compartment to run wires in and out.

#5 ·
Just a thought....I'm not sure of the wiring on your plow, but if you have a factory winch already installed, it should have a quick connect in the wiring right by the winch, maybe you could unplug the winch and wire the plow into the quick connect and use the factory gator controls? Otherwise i was able to fish a piece of bailing wire under the floor in front of the battery and fish my acc wires to the front

#7 ·
So I ran my wires down along the center of the floor out the front and up to the right to the plug in the bottom of the front dry storage. 3/4" flex tubing fits perfectly through that hole so I put a cable tie around it from the inside of the box so it can't pull back through. I mounted my solenoid to the inside wall of the dry storage and was able to run my wire for the hydraulic actuator out below the fuse block on the driver side allowing me to tuck the end of the plug back into the dry storage when not in use. Just need to wire my dash switches for my winch and left to right on my plow tonight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.