New XUV 550 owner!! Yup, clutch issues. - John Deere Gator Forums
New Member Introductions If you are new to the site, please introduce yourself in here. You will find that our community is very friendly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 02-13-2018, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

New XUV 550 owner!! Yup, clutch issues.

Hey all, new to the forums.

I recently acquired a 2012 XUV 550, 90 hrs on the machine. The clutch is horrible. The only way to shift is to turn off the machine. Previous owner broke the shift lever off though I have all the new parts to put back together. I know that the only way to fix the clutch for sure it to send it off to the "The Clutch Doc" MDDiagman and have it rebuilt/tuned. I have the proper tools to remove the clutch but I have been unable to reach MDDiagman via PM. Does anyone here know if he is still offering his services? If not, does the newer clutch from JD (AM147334) fix the issues with hard shifting?

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-13-2018, 10:55 AM

Garage
I will call you today, I work with MBDIAGMAN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 Gator 825i (new engine at 1700 hours) Power Steering-Sport Exhaust- Deluxe Cab-Heater- Work Lights On Top Front And Rear- Hella HID Driving Lights-Warn ProVantage 4500 synthetic winch-Electric Dump- Gillmore Seat Covers
post #3 of 9 Old 02-13-2018, 05:58 PM

Garage
Correction I will send you a PM

2012 Gator 825i (new engine at 1700 hours) Power Steering-Sport Exhaust- Deluxe Cab-Heater- Work Lights On Top Front And Rear- Hella HID Driving Lights-Warn ProVantage 4500 synthetic winch-Electric Dump- Gillmore Seat Covers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 02-13-2018, 09:19 PM

I think my clutch was one of the first 550's that Mbdiagman did and years later I'm still happy. It really helped turn my machine into something driveable and reliable.
post #5 of 9 Old 02-14-2018, 10:55 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dane View Post
I think my clutch was one of the first 550's that Mbdiagman did and years later I'm still happy. It really helped turn my machine into something driveable and reliable.

Thanks @dane it is great to hear that the clutch is working as it should!
Brad for JD Clutch Doc

post #6 of 9 Old 02-27-2018, 07:31 AM

Hey Cranky,

I'm sending mine for tuning as well. I searched the web, but found no mention of anyone having installed the newer model primary from JD.

When mine started sticking, I had the local dealer (less than a mile away) pick it up and they replaced the primary, but it started sticking again within a few hours of use.
post #7 of 9 Old 04-10-2019, 12:06 AM

hi guys, my gator suffers the same problem. when I run it with the cover off there is plenty of room on the sides of the belt that is not engaging with the primary. but it still seems to turn the belt keeping the trans turning therefore making it hard to shift through the gears. how do I overcome this issue?
post #8 of 9 Old 04-11-2019, 05:13 AM

Turn the engine off. If you see the primary clutch open a bit further or if it shifts when the engine is off then it's a good indication that the primary clutch is sticking.
post #9 of 9 Old 04-12-2019, 02:43 PM

Garage
After you do the troubleshooting that @dane mentioned and the clutch is not releasing contact JD Clutch Doc for more information at [email protected]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > New Member Area > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the John Deere Gator Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode