Rick from East branch New York - John Deere Gator Forums
New Member Introductions If you are new to the site, please introduce yourself in here. You will find that our community is very friendly!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2019, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Rick from East branch New York

I picked up a 2020 560 gator for hunting and property maintenance here for tips mods and ideas from fellow gator owners
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2019, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastbranchrick View Post
I picked up a 2020 560 gator for hunting and property maintenance here for tips mods and ideas from fellow gator owners
Save up some money and when you get a sticky clutch bring it to jd clutch doc.
The 550 and 560 are prone to clutch issues so be sure to use it regularly.
Also dont stand on the parking brake, just give it a gentle nudge as there have been issues with the cable snapping from people who slam the parking brake
Old 11-23-2019, 07:38 AM Thread Starter

I did hear about the clutch issue prior to purchasing but the size and pricing of the 560 plus the incentive I received made it a affordable no brainier for me but if I do suffer clutch issues I certainly know who to get in touch with...you have an excellent reputation thank you for reaching out regards Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2019, 11:56 AM

For mods by the way there are tons of briggs vanguard performance mods.

Dont know if you might be after this in the future but you can get high rev kits for them which are cheap enough.
They should take you up to 4600/4700 rpm and with the timing advanve key the response should be a lot better.
Wouldnt go much higher without a billet flywheel but its an easy enough power mod

Wouldnt recommend doing this on a 550 because the work stinks but the 560 is nice to work on
Old 11-23-2019, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ˜™️ ™️ר•ש️œž™&#xfe0 f; View Post
For mods by the way there are tons of briggs vanguard performance mods.

Dont know if you might be after this in the future but you can get high rev kits for them which are cheap enough.
They should take you up to 4600/4700 rpm and with the timing advanve key the response should be a lot better.
Wouldnt go much higher without a billet flywheel but its an easy enough power mod

Wouldnt recommend doing this on a 550 because the work stinks but the 560 is nice to work on
I've heard about the rev kit etc im going to put some time on the meter and use the machine for the purpose intended if it doesn't meet my expectations then I may exercise so mod options

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > New Member Area > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the John Deere Gator Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in