Power steering install - John Deere Gator Forums
Projects and How-To A section for sharing your Gator projects with others. Please note, pictures make it better!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 07-27-2018, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Power steering install

Im about to tackle the SuperATV power steering install on my 825i. Any advice on how to get at the pinch bolt at the bottom of the steering assembly where it meets the rack? Looks awfully tight and I dont have access to a lift. By the way, mine looks fairly rusted. I bought the machine used.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 07-27-2018, 09:38 AM

Garage
A possible solution would be similar to what the Tech had to do to put a retaining bracket (recall item) around my steering rack on my 855D. He had to pop the radiator bolts to move it out of the way enough to get at everything.
post #3 of 28 Old 07-27-2018, 10:26 AM

Garage
Power steering install

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Im about to tackle the SuperATV power steering install on my 825i. Any advice on how to get at the pinch bolt at the bottom of the steering assembly where it meets the rack? Looks awfully tight and I dont have access to a lift. By the way, mine looks fairly rusted. I bought the machine used.

I agree with @CaptSeabee you may need to manipulate the radiator a bit. Also make sure you a have a decent puller for the steering wheel,you may need to use a large rubber mallet to help pop it off.

2012 Gator 825i (new engine at 1700 hours) Power Steering-Sport Exhaust- Deluxe Cab-Heater- Work Lights On Top Front And Rear- Hella HID Driving Lights-Warn ProVantage 4500 synthetic winch-Electric Dump- Gillmore Seat Covers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 07-27-2018, 11:41 AM
Official Site Vendor

x2 to both ^^^^ Plus, remember to leave all the bolts loose until you get the shafts lined up for optimal clearance and angle. Honestly, the worst part is removing the dash and getting it back on. Its usually a 2 to 3 beer installation.

SuperATV Official Website
Follow us on Facebook: SuperATV
post #5 of 28 Old 07-28-2018, 05:29 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperATV View Post
....Its usually a 2 to 3 beer installation.

I like your style....

2012 Gator 825i (new engine at 1700 hours) Power Steering-Sport Exhaust- Deluxe Cab-Heater- Work Lights On Top Front And Rear- Hella HID Driving Lights-Warn ProVantage 4500 synthetic winch-Electric Dump- Gillmore Seat Covers
post #6 of 28 Old 07-31-2018, 09:54 AM

I think i had to physically take the entire bolt out to get it to slide down on the the shaft! it took me about 4-5 beers!
post #7 of 28 Old 07-31-2018, 10:52 AM
Official Site Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
How are we coming? Up and rolling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeereSales101 View Post
I think i had to physically take the entire bolt out to get it to slide down on the the shaft! it took me about 4-5 beers!

Lol!!! I think I'd have to put the wrench down after the 4th one

post #8 of 28 Old 07-31-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superatv View Post
its usually a 2 to 3 beer installation.
:d :d :d
post #9 of 28 Old 08-01-2018, 06:56 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies! Wasn’t able to get to it this past weekend, will post an update as soon as I can give it a go. Sounds like it’s a good thing I have that extra fridge in the garage. Lol
post #10 of 28 Old 08-07-2018, 01:31 AM

Garage
I have a two tap kegerator in the shop so no limitations.....
post #11 of 28 Old 08-07-2018, 02:02 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptSeabee View Post
I have a two tap kegerator in the shop so no limitations.....

So what’s on tap?

post #12 of 28 Old 08-07-2018, 10:59 AM

Garage
Kootenai River Brewing Company Two Tail Pale Ale and Grizzley IPA. Hard to beat our local product.
post #13 of 28 Old 08-07-2018, 11:14 AM

Garage
Power steering install

Quote:
Kootenai River Brewing Company Two Tail Pale Ale and Grizzley IPA. Hard to beat our local product.

Wow you are fortunate to be so close! Have you tried a Barleywine Ale? I tried Hand of Glory by Holy Mountain brewery. I loved it !!

post #14 of 28 Old 08-07-2018, 11:20 AM
Official Site Vendor

Quote:

Long distance high-five, CaptSeabee! Hops, hops, hops! Mmm...
This thread is awesome.

Hope the OP is up and running. We'll need to know the official brew count for a possible update to the instructions.

post #15 of 28 Old 08-08-2018, 05:44 AM Thread Starter

Lol. Awesome. Project has been sidelined for the moment...have a couple of days off mid month where I expect to take it on. Will keep you updated.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator Technical Discussion > Projects and How-To

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the John Deere Gator Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode