Gator 625i resurrection - John Deere Gator Forums
Projects and How-To A section for sharing your Gator projects with others. Please note, pictures make it better!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Today, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

Gator 625i resurrection

Hey guys just joined the forum and hoping there are some electrical gurus in here. I recently came into possession of a Gator with a sad history, it's a 625i and I believe it's a 2015 model but not certain.

The machine only has 11 hours on it, here's the story... Up until last spring it was garage kept and lived a posh (yet boring) life as a mail grabber and garbage pail hauler. Couple of jaunts through the woods but it was really babied. Last spring the previous owner went to take it for a spin, it had been in the garage all winter, and about a half mile into the woods it conked out. I assume it had stale gas in it. One thing led to another and it sat down in a ravine for over two months. In April I was called to try and rescue it, but it was far too difficult to remove at the time. It cranked but would not catch. And so it sat, in that same ravine, for another seven months. Yeah... it was down there almost a year. I just recently was called back, this time I dragged it out with a tractor and a couple of winches. Previous owner said he's done with it, and here we are. It is in very fair shape considering how long it sat, the tires never lost any air and there isn't any evidence of animal damage that I can see. Just lots of leaves and dirt staining, but whatever it's a camo model anyway.

This leads me to the current state of the electrical system. There is no power to the ignition switch, no lights, no dash, no winch or dump bed power... but if I run a wire direct from the battery to the ignition all of those things work and it will crank. No spark though. I have checked all the fuses I can find and didn't find any blown ones. The fuse block under the dash has power even without the jumper wire.

Where do I begin? I've uncovered the fusible link near the positive battery terminal, looks OK but haven't tested for continuity. All grounds look good, there really isn't any corrosion to speak of, just dirt and grime on the exposed areas of the machine. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   John Deere Gator Forums > John Deere Gator Technical Discussion > Projects and How-To

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the John Deere Gator Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode