John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kawasaki motor one value and push rod was off put it back on and runs but have blow by coming out the oil cap valve filler hole need help please

·
Registered
426 Posts
Ok from what you pm'ed me the push rod jumped off the valve and now all of a sudden there is blow by through the oil filler cap.

Firstly the pushrods jumping is a fairly common occurance as ive seen it happen on a lot of small engines.
When properly repaired this should not be an issue.

That means the only issue could be either the cause of the problem or the fix of the problem.
I'd say its either a bad seating valve maybe combined with a missing or worn valve seal or there are parts missing like the o-ring on the filler cap.

It is fairly common to have a little pressure and oil flinging out when the cap is not properly on or missing an o-ring.
Dont confuse a little air coming out with blow by too fast

Now the cause of the mislocated rods could be alot of things but it could very well that parts got worn or for some reason the piston slightly hit a valve and caused parts to deform.
Very unlikely but possible especially when the rpm is too high.
I have seen them shift from their locators pins aswell which would be pretty harmless.
Lastly it could just have been poor maintenance.

Just spitballing here as i dont have x-ray internet but i hope it leads you somewhere
That being said i do still think its harmless if the engine is running good

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
You should really invest in a workshop manual for your machine if you plan on tackling any of this work yourself.

If excess blow-bye is suspected, suggest doing a leak down test and noting where the flow is predominately coming from. Exhaust, Intake or chankcase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts