John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently picked up a project from my neighbor, an 06 HPX 4x4 w the FD620D Kawasaki. After hours of trouble shooting and throwing parts at the problem, I replaced the fly wheel(broken magnet)and it fired up for 10m, then died and would not start(bad relay).
After spending a few weeks at the dealership they replaced the relay and now it idles but still has intermittent spark on #2 cylinder(good compression).The mechanic seems to think the engine has been replaced w a 6x4 motor? He wasn’t able to find a serial number on the block but suggested maybe the flywheel isn’t the right part number for this gas motor? I’m doubtful that is the reason for the intermittent spark on the #2 cylinder but I’m not sure what else to check? Im going to troubleshoot the wiring harness as I know the coils are good.
If anyone has any info/experience with my scenario please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Can you ask your neighbor about the motor history?

Check the forums as I remember others have intermittent firing issues in the past. Not certain if they completed the thread by stating how it was resolved though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve discussed w my neighbor...not much help but I do think the flywheel is correct. I hooked up a spark tester to the rear cylinder and to my surprise it started up and had good spark for 20 sec and ran decent. Then the spark went intermittent and disappeared completely. Tomorrow I’m going to start cleaning and checking wires and connectors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts