John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought my XUV 550 on May 1st with 73 hrs. on the meter and, as the title implies, I am now nearing my 100 hour oil change mark.

I would like to switch to a full synthetic oil. However, I am unsure of what weight to run. I live in central PA, so the machine is operated in a wide range of temperatures throughout the year. I was hoping some of you could offer some suggestions. Thank you!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi, I like to run the 0W40 from Amsoil in my Gator year around in Wisconsin. So far no issues and I have been running since 2014.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I like to run the 0W40 from Amsoil in my Gator year around in Wisconsin. So far no issues and I have been running since 2014.
Thanks, Gatorwork. I was guessing either 30 or 40 weight, but wasn’t sure which one to go with in my Briggs Vanguard engine. I appreciate your input!

·
Super Moderator
3,045 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, yesterday I installed a rear bumper and changed the oil in my Gator. I’m very pleased with the results of both endeavors.

The bumper, while not cheap, is certainly well-made and gives my machine a rugged and completed look.

As for the oil change, it could be psychological, but I swear the engine is running better with fully synthetic Mobil1 10W30. It seems to run smoother and is quieter. Purrs like a kitten at idle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts