John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to this forum, and haven't been able to find this issue searching through the threads. I work for a non-profit, and am trying to avoid bringing this in to a mechanic and paying high labor rates. we have a '95 6x4 Gator that the oil cap keeps popping off of when you drive faster than a snails pace. I have changed the oil and oil filter, and I used the JD Turf Guard 10-W30. I'm guessing there is a venting issue going on? As far as I know, this wasn't happening prior to the oil change.

I did not see any metallic substances in the oil when I drained it.

I cleaned out the dust unloading valve and checked for any obstructions on the air intake side of things.

If anyone has any ideas on where to look next, it would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Too much blowby past the rings could be one cause. It might be worth performing a leak-down test to quantify if outside normal specs.

Since the engine type wasn't specified in either post, specific information cannot be given concerning crankcase ventilation. Definitely check to make certain the crankcase venting is unobstructed, otherwise crankcase pressures will increase.

Illustrated parts can be found at JD Parts Perhaps the vent is evident in the illustrations.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It’s a 6x4 with a Kawasaki motor other than that I have no clue since theirs about 72,000 different model #s and not a single one of them that I have found look like the one I have

1 - 4 of 4 Posts