John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing knocks, rattles and clangs & bangs like it is on death row but continues to run. What have I gotten into here? Any helpful advice would truly be appreciated. Thanks Henri from 1941

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have always found that anything, made with moving parts and are designed to operate quiet & smoothly but don't, are quite likely to need replaced. I just can't pinpoint the culprit yet. So what I am looking for is perhaps someone who has experienced this already. A loud radio is not the solution for me. This 1999 John Deere Gator 6X4 has only 1200 hours on it. Being a John Deere the fix may be more than I am prepared for monetarily.

·
Super Moderator
3,258 Posts
I have always found that anything, made with moving parts and are designed to operate quiet & smoothly but don't, are quite likely to need replaced. I just can't pinpoint the culprit yet. So what I am looking for is perhaps someone who has experienced this already. A loud radio is not the solution for me. This 1999 John Deere Gator 6X4 has only 1200 hours on it. Being a John Deere the fix may be more than I am prepared for monetarily.
Can you pinpoint the location or area the noise if coming from ?

Reactions: eyeboltman

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has to be part of the drive train. Nothing could clatter with that much frequency besides rotating parts. Seems to get worse as the RPM.S increase such as pulling a hill.

·
Super Moderator
3,258 Posts
It has to be part of the drive train. Nothing could clatter with that much frequency besides rotating parts. Seems to get worse as the RPM.S increase such as pulling a hill.
Have you inspected the clutch’s?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts