John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I had bought the 2 inch lift, and there's a difference between the sport an trail model. The shocks are different sizes, fox 2.0 on the sport regular fox shocks on the trail. They give you spacers for the back, which I don't understand, it would just make the rear end more stiff. In my eyes, the shock can only extendy so far till it's maxed out putting a spacer in there to make the spring more compressed isn't going to lift it . It's just going to make the ride more bumpy.. I would think you would need a spacer In between were the shock mounts to the gator. Makeing the shock two inches lower from it's actual place would then give the machine a two inch lift, without putting a load on the springs..

·
Registered
242 Posts
I installed the 2" lift...on a sport, the rear spacer does work, and did not affect my ride any...the extra ground clearance is very nice.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I am highly considering this lift. I would like the extra GC.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Batman you won't be sorry

·
Registered
146 Posts
Does the kit now come with a rear spacer as well? From the earlier reviews and description of the product, I was under the impression that it was a front lift only and that you leveled it by adjusting the rear pre-load. Info would be appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gc Is real nice, we shall see after a few hrs get put on the ball joints. The new position of the dif looks very tight.. As for the spacers in the rear u just jack it all the way up to leavel it out.. The trail an sport models shocks are different so the spacers are different sizes. Make sure you specify whitch one you have..

·
Registered
904 Posts
The kit I see on there web site is just a front bracket lift and then you adjust the back shocks. The only spacer lift I see is for the 620,825,855 gators.

I would not think it would hurt the ball joints. I have run lifts on other atvs without ball joint problems.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Cool Deal!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a price difference since adding the spacers to the rear?

Did yall figure that was a better route than the spring adjustment?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello does anyone have pics of the lift on the gator? would like to se the additional ground clearance.. And from what I read isn't it true the spacr would make the shock stiffer and ride stiffer?

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Nice.....I am going to get this lift. The gator needs it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
At the beginning of summer I loosened my suspension way up and couldn't believe how it ate up the trails. Although I sacrificed the GC. I was hoping that this kit wouldn't have a spring spacer so that I could get that ride and have normal GC. I don't want the back stiffer I want it softer. ugh oh well maybe someone will make a different version.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I purchased the 2" lift kit for my RSX Sport from SuperATV and it only came with the front bracket only nothing else. I adjusted the rear shocks to level it out but it would have been nice to have that spacer.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts