John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first gator and picked up a project. No spark is my main problem. There was a hole worn in the front of the flywheel cover but doesn’t look like it damaged the impulse coil. Any help troubleshooting the spark issue? Can you just ohm the coils? Thanks

·
Registered
426 Posts
Do you have any power going to the small wires on the coil.
My brain farted and i forgot what theyre called.
Edit: signal wires, brain is online again

Also take out the switch for a second and if the connector block is completely filled it means that the shut off wires go through there.
The bottom ones (top being the crooked red or yellow one) are the shutoff wires.
Check these aswell and if iam correct they should be on while off.

Iam mainly diesel mech so my understanding of gas engines is quite basic but i hope this helps you a bit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, so I should have voltage at the “pulse coil” on top of the flywheel when I have the key on? Thanks

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hold on is there a small connector in the first place? Try removing this and see if itll fire.
I believe this is a groundpath to stop the ignition.

Dont really know if this model has the igniter module aswell by the way, if it has an igniter module that might also be a culprit but i dont think they put that on the hpx gas

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is my first gator and picked up a project. No spark is my main problem. There was a hole worn in the front of the flywheel cover but doesn’t look like it damaged the impulse coil. Any help troubleshooting the spark issue? Can you just ohm the coils? Thanks
Ground not grounded i had that prob plus unplug wiring harness from box they carrod that year no grease to keep water etc out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts