John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I acquired a 2004 TS that has a hose, about 3/8ths diameter, with a ragged end that is dangling in the air near the front of the engine. The hose is routed into a tube that traverses the driver's seat and ends near the fuel tank level gauge. Does anyone know what this hose is, it purpose, and if I should be concerned the end is dangling and not connected to anything. The fuel level gauge face is cloudy and not readable, needs replacing, which makes me wonder if the hose and level sensor cloudiness are in some way related.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is the vent hose on the tank routed through the drivers grab handle? There’s usually a plastic fitting on the tank thats facing the opening in the grab bar tube. Coming out at the end of the tube?(Post a photo if you can)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just did a gas gauge on my 08, tight getting the old one out. pretty much crushed it.
Make sure you get a new seal for reassembly and lube it up when installing the new one. It takes a good amount of force to get that in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just did a gas gauge on my 08, tight getting the old one out. pretty much crushed it.
Make sure you get a new seal for reassembly and lube it up when installing the new one. It takes a good amount of force to get that in.
the hose in question can be seen as it emerges from the driver's side grab handle near the fuel gauge.
what tool did you use to extract the fuel gauge sensor? Does it just rotate out? My gauge sensor fell off, and I fished it out of the gas tank as it floated near the filler cap. Also the gauge window is foggy so the whole assembly needs replacing.
the
IMG_0024.png

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
looks like the hose is just the vented hose.The gas gauge is pressed in. It’s pretty tight to get out. Usually ruin it taking it out. I put some lube on the new seal when I hand pressed it in. Takes some effort for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts