John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping someone can help... My 2007 Gator 620i fuel pump has no power going to it. I have checked all the fuses, replaced the engine control relay which I thought was the issue. I have power going into the relay. Is there a way to check the ECU? I jumpered the fuel pump and that works but the engine would not fire when jumpered. I don't see a safety switch on the wiring diagram. Replacing the ECU is close to $850 and want to make sure this is the problem before buying one from JD.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Do you have power coming out of relay?

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Yes, your posts are displayed.

Spend the money on the Technical Manual. It has wiring diagrams and shows the wiring harnesses. Both can help in solving your issue. It will also come in handy for future repairs. Plus, you'll have the added benefit of supporting other forum members with technical information.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Do you want to forward a copy via private message? I might be able to look at it later.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Did you follow the recommend test sequence in the attachment?

Seems pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you follow the recommend test sequence in the attachment?

Seems pretty straight forward.
Yes, followed all the steps and then some. Step #4 when checking K4 engine control relay is in question. I have voltage coming into the relay that powers one side of the relay and that is supposed to close that set of contacts, providing power to the ECU, which provides an output to the engine control relay for the fuel pump. I think it's a faulty ECU because I replaced the engine control relay.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Sounds like it. To bad you can’t swap ecu’s between machines to make certain problem follows ecu.

I’m guessing they are expensive

Did you check the output of relay at the relay or only the pump connector? If at relay looks like an ECU is needed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like it. To bad you can’t swap ecu’s between machines to make certain problem follows ecu.

I’m guessing they are expensive

Did you check the output of relay at the relay or only the pump connector? If at relay looks like an ECU is needed.
Yes, I checked it at the relay. The ECU is $825

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Fully understand your wish.

Is the ECU potted or solder joints exposed?.. Wondering if a simple solder joint is broken or suffering from dendritic corrosion.

Borrowing an ECU…. Not certain many would want to risk harming a good ECU by swapping into your machine. Maybe one of the Gator recycling centers would have one for a more reasonable price.

Good luck and curious to learn the finial resolution.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The problem was not the ECU but a broken ground wire coming from the fuel pump were it attached to the engine ground. Spliced in a new connector and started right up.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Awesome! Glad for your success.
Thank you for posting the resolution.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts