John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for any insight in repairing a 2007 620i xuv. I have a machine i my shop with injection issues on one cylinder in a Kawasaki 620 engine. The machine starts and runs on 2 cylinders and then the injector on one cylinder stops firing. I put a noid light (fuel injector test light) on that cylinder and confirmed that it stops getting a signal after start-up. Noid light flashes on start-up, then quits. My thinking is that it is a ECM failure because of it being on one cylinder only. Wiring and connections look to be good. Anyone have any insight into this problem? ECM is a 21175-2060. Thanks !!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Are you sure there isn't another issue? The machine is programmed to go into limp mode (one cylinder operation) when something goes bad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I'm not entirely sure. The machine was running normally after a fuel pump change for about 30 minutes and then started skipping. The engine light started showing 1 long and 1 short blink. That's when I started searching for the cause and found the one injector was not getting the signal to fire except when turning the key to start and then only for a second or two every start up.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Code 11 indicates a throttle assembly problem. Possibly a throttle position sensor or stepper motor problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not real familiar with these machines, but I have had a Kawasaki mule with the same system come through the shop with a throttle body issue. It was the oil from the breather contaminating the throttle body assembly causing poor running/ idle. What would be the next step in diagnosing this issue? Also, do you this this would make the machine go into limp home mode. Thanks for your help !! 3 mechanics in my shop but none of us are very familiar with these after the 620 v-twin went from carburetor to EFI and I'm trying not to throw money at it for the customers sake !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your help ! Anyone have anymore input on this? The throttle body assemblies I'm seeing online are in the $500 to $600 range and I hate to buy one just to try it and see if it helps. Still not sure if the injector is not getting a signal because the machine is in "limp home mode" or some other fault.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Sounds like you should just take it to the dealer for diagnostics.

if you’re unwilling to purchase the tech manual, read it and understand the theory of operation, you’ll just be throwing parts at it and hoping it works. In some instances the manual will not be enough and access to the ECU is required.

JD parts are expensive and difficult to find much cheaper (<15%). There is really no aftermarket parts available like there are for cars/trucks to keep prices reasonable.

The odds of any part being 100%!designed for JD is unlikely, but it takes considerable effort to find an equivalent part out in the wild.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One of the problems with this machine (short story) is it belongs to a customer of mine. We specialize in Ford 6.0 repairs here at the shop. He had a brother with drug issues that died and the Gator was his. His brother didn't have any money so he thinks it might be stolen or part of a drug deal, so taking to the dealer is out. I've ordered a service manual and it's on the way, but was hoping someone had been down this road before and could offer insight. I would really like to have this out of my shop because I'm doing this more as a favor and don't want to throw money at it.

·
Super Moderator
3,356 Posts
One of the problems with this machine (short story) is it belongs to a customer of mine. We specialize in Ford 6.0 repairs here at the shop. He had a brother with drug issues that died and the Gator was his. His brother didn't have any money so he thinks it might be stolen or part of a drug deal, so taking to the dealer is out. I've ordered a service manual and it's on the way, but was hoping someone had been down this road before and could offer insight. I would really like to have this out of my shop because I'm doing this more as a favor and don't want to throw money at it.
If you suspect the Gator was stolen, you probably should contact the authorities, unless you run a chop shop ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts