John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello y’all, I got a 2008 620i that just lost all electric power. When I turn the key to on no lights turn and the battery is reading 12.5 volts. I have checked all fuses under the dash and the 3 relays. I have also checked the grounds and they all look good. I can’t find any fusible links on it. Any help is appreciated. Thank yall

·
Registered
846 Posts
When it comes to electrical issues there is no one size fits all or common failure area. The theme is generally the same, such as corrosion, cut or shorted wires, etc...

Since you own a voltmeter judging by your 12.5 volt battery reference, I suggest you start at the battery and work forward until you no longer have battery voltage or a noticeable voltage drop.

"Look good" - Hopefully this was only a figure of speech and that you confirmed based on resistance reading, voltage drop test, etc. Without hard proof with a test instrument you're wasting time looking at it :).

Watch the fuse block internals as some models have suffered corrosion issues. Verify OK using a voltmeter.

The shop manual wiring schematics can help exponentially when troubleshooting wiring issues.

Good luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
If corrosion is the problem, you should do your voltage checks with something turned on. Sometimes the voltage will look good without a load.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts