John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody yhappen to know what the wheel / rim size is on the 2009 TE gator?
The tire size is:
Front 22x9.5-10
Rear 24x12-10

What I am after is the actual rim dimensions.
I know the diameter is 10", but what is the:
Width (front and rear), Offset (front and rear), and Bolt pattern (rear only) dimensions?

thanks!!!

· Registered
2,936 Posts
Could the information you seek be stamped on the inside of the rim itself? It's not that uncommon to do so, but not certain if JD does it.

Hopefully someone will respond with the info.

Another alternative is to search the forums as many time the answer exists.

Good luck!

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could the information you seek be stamped on the inside of the rim itself? It's not that uncommon to do so, but not certain if JD does it.

Hopefully someone will respond with the info.

Another alternative is to search the forums as many time the answer exists.

Good luck!
thanks!
yea - issue is that the machine is parked deep inside the shed - blocked with several layers of winter / snow management equipment until spring.... no access. It would be a several hour project to get at it.
I thought if someone had it handy, it would save a ton of hassle.

I've searched the forums... as well as the interweb itself... all I found is a 7.75" width... but still need the offset and bolt pattern.

cheers!

· Registered
2,936 Posts
Understand the inconvenience of accessing the Gator.
If no response from members options may include

1. search wheel part number. Some descriptions may have the vital info
2. Search forum as it might have been discussed years ago and those members may no longer be active

if you find info please post

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may have found it.....
Rear Wheel
AM143567 10x7.75 5/4.5
Offset Depth: 0.338 IN
Pilot Diameter: 3.130 IN

but I found conflicting information on the bolt pattern. In one source, I saw 5/4.5", and in another source I saw 5/4.58",
which in one case = 114.3mm and the other case is 116.3mm... not sure which one to trust... there is a standard of 114.3, and then 115. 116.3mm is not a standard size

· Registered
2,936 Posts
Perhaps consider where the source of information came from. If any were from a JD Dealer, I'd consider those to be more likely to be right than say some ebay or Chinese source. But then again, it's not my money. :)

I think the pattern is common for many trailer wheels. If you have a 5-lug trailer wheel available, you could at least try it.

Just curious... Are you looking to buy new wheels?

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea - looking to buy a 12" diameter wheel, to be able to put a 27" tire on it. can't find 27" tires for 10" diameter wheels.

the info I got was from 2 sources: Greenpartstore, and Aftermarket express.
yea - I don't trust Aftermarket express as much, but at the same time don't want to gamble (even with greenpartstore) with a $300-$400 expense.

Plus greenpartstore does not list the offset at all. Aftermarket express does, but if their other dimensions are questionable, so is the offset spec.....

So i guess the answer is: I don't have a full set of 100% trustworthy info.

· Registered
2,936 Posts
There are some online sources on how to measure wheel bolt pattern using the wheel studs. Should be able to measure close enough to rule out one of the two dimensions.

There are some good threads here on using trailer wheels on some models to expand tire offerings. Might be worth reviewing to see if it includes your model. (Trailer wheels are typically 5x4.5”)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts