John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. New member here. Was plowing with my 620i recently and suddenly I lost power. Throttle down barely had enough power to make it back into the garage. Maintenance light started to flash at no particular pattern. For the first time in 9 years it also idles a little rough. Oil level fine. Any ideas for help? Greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
3,367 Posts
Welcome Jake1333

How do the spark plugs and wires look? Have you changed fuel filters recently?

Please keep us posted

·
Registered
14 Posts
You need to check compression. Blue smoke is usually oil getting into the combustion chamber. Suspect rings or scored cylinder walls.

Sorry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here some updated info:
Removed a spark plug. It was black and strong smell of gas.
It is getting plenty of fuel so I don't think the issue is with the fuel filter. Unfortunately the only place around here (decent) for service is the dealer. Going to be a costly one I imagine.

Dave

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I suggest you set a max limit on how much you want to spend for diagnostics with the dealer and have a written agreement on when they should communicate or seek your input. Some charge actual rate and if you don't get someone particularly skilled, they can be throwing parts at it and spending a lot of time. At over $100/hr and cost of parts it can add up quickly.

One of the forum members recently had a bad experience and it sounded like poor communication on both sides.

Good luck and let us know what they find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts