John Deere Gator Forums banner

2011 825I Air temp Gauge

8K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Harry Ferguson 
#1 ·
Does the 825 have a factory air temp gauge? When I turn my key on it shows where it would be shown at? Top middle of display screen. But when I start it up its just blank in that spot. I didn't see it being an option when I bought it or being able to buy the temp gauge extra can't find much about it online. Also I noticed when I start it up somtimes my clock is wrong and I have to reset it. I'm starting to think I have a faulty display. Please Help Thanks

#3 ·
The clock on my 2014 835i is notoriously fast, gains 15 min per month. As to the ambient temp gauge, I noticed that as soon as I got my Gator and have been planning to investigate. I was at the dealer parts counter and asked about purchasing connector pigtails for the two IP connector plugs. They are not available but a mechanic heard me and gave me a cutoff IP connector with all the leads. So I plan to put leads in the unused positions and experiment. I suspect that if a thermistor was connected across the correct terminals, the display would stay on and read ambient temp. And there should also be a terminal which can be grounded or not to select F or C. Here is a pic of the terminal pinouts if you want to try it. I will post my results if and when I get time to do it. Not really necessary but if the panel has the capability, I want to use it!

#4 ·
The clock on my 2014 835i is notoriously fast, gains 15 min per month. As to the ambient temp gauge, I noticed that as soon as I got my Gator and have been planning to investigate. I was at the dealer parts counter and asked about purchasing connector pigtails for the two IP connector plugs. They are not available but a mechanic heard me and gave me a cutoff IP connector with all the leads. So I plan to put leads in the unused positions and experiment. I suspect that if a thermistor was connected across the correct terminals, the display would stay on and read ambient temp. And there should also be a terminal which can be grounded or not to select F or C. Here is a pic of the terminal pinouts if you want to try it. I will post my results if and when I get time to do it. Not really necessary but if the panel has the capability, I want to use it! View attachment 14459
I did this and sure enough it worked. Used a thermistor salvaged from an automobile AC system. I need to find the correct thermistor or add a resistor to calibrate this one because it reads 43* when the temp is really about 68*. But I am on the right path... Did not find a way to make it read C, you Kanucks will have to figure out how to make it parler le Francaise.

Font Handwriting Gesture Material property Parallel
Motor vehicle Steering part Vehicle Steering wheel Automotive design
Font Number Auto part Clock Circle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.