John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
My dad has 2011 gator. It has developed a hard start problem. He said it goes away or isn't as bad if he uses it all day, but the first start or after it has been sitting for awhile is a hard start. Turns over great, but doesn't want to start or idle good at first. His warranty just ran out and I am going to look at it for him. Dealership told him to replace the fuel filter, he did, same problem. Only has 200 hrs on it. I am wondering if there is a check valve in it or if the fuel pressure regulator is going on him. Sounds to me like the fuel is draining back in the tank instead of maintaining some pressure. Any info or insight would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sounds like the fuel pressure regulator is leaking, There has been problems with them, It is located inside the fuel tank along with the pump.Pull it out and put in a pail of gas and turn on the key to energize the pump and if you see fuel squirt out of the plastic regulator then replace it. Oh and by the way welcome to the forum

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is it easy to remove the pressure regulator? debating on weather I should try and do it at his house, or run it up to my shop where all my tools are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
changed the fuel pressure regulator in about 1/2 hour. Seems to start better already, at least, like an efi should. Will see how it starts tomorrow. hopefully one key cycle will do it. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
680 Posts
I fully expect that if you would have turned on the key and waited several seconds until you heard the fuel pump shut off, it would have started right up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts