John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello-

I have several questions today. I'm taking my gator up to Colorado in September to travel the alpine loop in Silverton Colorado. I'm starting to prep my gator now due to weather and conditions up there that time of year. A few things I'm wanting to do to my gator before I leave that I'm looking for help on is the following.

1.) I need to replace the cylinder on the bed that aids in lifting the bed and keeps in the raised position. I'm wondering where I can find the OEM part. I'm not finding it doing a general search, mine is not automatic its the manual style. Looks like it was replaced prior to me buying it with a knock off part. I'd like to find the OEM part.
2.) I'd like to find some some type of plastic doors to keep rain out. Looks like a good company to use for this is sidebysidestuff.com but just looking for other suggestions as well.
3). Last but not least I'd like some good blue tooth speakers for tunes at 13,000ft. I found some boombottles but also looking for other ideas that might be better than what I found. Any help with my items would be awesome. The dryer my wife stays while out of the trail the better.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Only take I have is on question 3. I use the Bose Soundlink in my 855D because it easily velcros to the dash and is low profile. Easily overcomes the diesel cab noise and connects to the cell phone for hands free. A multi prong DC cigarette lighter adapter which keeps the GPS, speaker, and cell phone happy meant I'm good to go.

·
Super Moderator
2,692 Posts
... A few things I'm wanting to do to my gator before I leave that I'm looking for help on is the following.
1.) I need to replace the cylinder on the bed that aids in lifting the bed and keeps in the raised position. I'm wondering where I can find the OEM part. I'm not finding it doing a general search, mine is not automatic its the manual style. Looks like it was replaced prior to me buying it with a knock off part. I'd like to find the OEM part.....
Check online OEM part stores such as Green Farm Parts ( use discount code GTT ) or Green Parts Store, both sites link you to part diagrams for your Gator.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Is the 13,000 ft of elevation going to cause problems with the F/A ratio and or computer calibration?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts