John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our gator rsx 850i is stalling and coughing and back firing. Seems like it is running out of gas. Fuel filters are clean, fuel pump is pumping. Would the problem be the pump is not putting out enough pressure/
Thanks

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Why not rent a pressure gauge and test the fuel pressure to help rule out the fuel delivery system? Advance and auto zone rent for free.

Check wire resistance with ohm meter or run at night to see if wires are arcing. Some basic diagnostics are will help pin point the system at fault otherwise it is pure guessing.

Good luck and let us know the results.

Reactions: Bradhill

·
Administrator
3,821 Posts
Have you checked the fuse block ? This model has been notorious for corrosion in the fuse block.
Use the Search Community function to research what others have experienced and what they have done to correct the issue.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
I really can not see the fuse block being the problem. But I did replace mine with a marine grade one and all my batt and charging problems went away

As ever keeps saying you need to do the basics before anyone can suggest much more to help

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
3,821 Posts
Check plug wires for signs of pinhole burns.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've done check most everything. Will check the fuel pressure as that's my suspicion since it seems to be starving for gas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts